Holiday insurance.

gllaura
gllaura Posts: 42
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Basically a friend of mine's bicycle insurer wont cover him abroad, and we've been struggling to find a temporary cover for a weeks cycling in the Italian Alps in august. His bicycles worth around £1500. We're massively uncertain of what the best thing to do would be.

Any help would be massively appreciated!!
Thanks.

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    I've used these when I went abroad on the back of good recommendations. I've never had to claim from them so can't comment on that.

http://www.jsinsurance.co.uk/travel_insurance/cycling-travel-insurance.html
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • gllaura
    gllaura Posts: 42
    Thanks for your comment, they say that bicycle is covered when not in use, but does not mention it in use. Its the Bicycle itself we are trying to find insurance for and its proving impossible!

Did you use the them to cover your bike or just personal baggage, injury and so on?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've used Dogtag for my bike trips abroad.

Mate has Sheilas Wheels and they paid out when his CF bike was damaged in transit.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    gllaura wrote:
    Thanks for your comment, they say that bicycle is covered when not in use, but does not mention it in use. Its the Bicycle itself we are trying to find insurance for and its proving impossible!

Did you use the them to cover your bike or just personal baggage, injury and so on?

They covered everything. You can always ring them up, I did as I wanted to check it was covered when left in the house we had out in Spain. They were very helpful on the phone so it's probably best you ring up and discuss what you want with them, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****