Spam Free Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

No spam in here, unless it's a spam fritter mmmm

244720899_2f03a4d512.jpg

Work, then home. Tempted to go for a run, but we'll see. No evening course any more, so I'm glad about that, I feel more free.

Today I'll be mainly writing an email of complaint/concern to a director. Should be fun.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - please share the email on here :)

morning

Today is working from home / sports day / working from home & if I get enough work done a bike ride. Last years sports day I came second in the parents race to a professional footballer - so tempted to trip him up at the start!
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning stalkees

Lovely day here, worked my arse off the last two days so today will mostly involve procrastination
    Plus ringing nationwide to complain that I'm not Alison Johnstone, I don't have an account with them that's overdrawn
    And can they stop fecking ringing me with an automated call every few hours!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    And can they stop ******* ringing me with an automated call every few hours!

Kill them! Them with fire!

......'least, that's what my desk lamp tells me to be doing....

Mornin' muppet-molesters

Today will be interesting, with new clients dropping off parts and me trying to convicne someone elses manager to let me spend their budget. Cool. What would life be without challenges, eh?

There will be coffee, and I'm tempted to throw bacons into the mix, too. There will be much sweating on the ride home, if the humidity this morning was anything to go by. This air-con is making me soft.

Onwards! To caffiene! And manning TF up!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning peoples,
    coffee's "done"
    got a meeting in the big smoke today with a customer i used to do business with that my two bosses couldnt be bothered to go see :roll: other than that i will be doing the english thing of complaining about the weather.

Tonight see's a night ride and hopefully some dinner?

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Ride in this morning was very warm and into a deceptively strong head wind so I was grateful for the shower in work.

Tennis last night was good and I’m starting to get the hang of this back hand spin stuff. Unfortunately the courts are being overrun with noobs inspired by the Wimbledon fortnight.

Onwards to tea and cakes.

Later……
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Two espressos, an apricot croissant and a hangover for breakfast this morn. Still in Turin, lovely city but I could bloody well do with a nice long bike ride - no chance of that as now stuck here 'till Friday by the looks and then when I get back I have to tear apart my freehub and sort that before I can even pedal. grr and suchlike
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Moaning,

Another course in Birmingham. Despite the pain of it being a full 9-5, it is at a Miller & Carter so I might have a cheeky early dinner before driving home. Can't beat a slab of bloody meat.

Later
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening all,

Serviced most of the bearings on my bike last night, most were in good shape bar to exposed ones, all from sand.. where does all the super fine sand come from when its wet in the mountains thats what i want to know!

Still busy day today need to book the car in for a service then maybe if im lucky a spin out later :)

Laters mong monkies.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    ste_t wrote:
    . Can't beat a slab of bloody meat.

welcome-to-bolton.jpg

Morning Scuttlers

Yesterday saw me spend 3 hours at work being told I was doing stuff all wrong, which means while I'm still competent, I get to have another skive day to check what I'm doing again. the main reason is because I wasn't doing stuff that I'd not been told to do, so therefore was not doing it.

Today I think I shall ride in once i've niopped to lbs and got some spare inner tubes for Zapp.

End of communication
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work, missing an assistant as she is on holiday for a week now so my evenings and this weekend will also be spent in work. This means that if Waylander wants me to stalk him this weekend he may have to make an effort to arrange to ride somewhere near my office.

Middle sister went missing last night. Mothership rang at 12.30am looking for her to see if I knew where she was and then spent an hour trying to locate her.

Masses of washing done last night and still have festival stuff to wash. Randomly our tents got broken into (if you can break into a tent) at the festival. All the posh girls Ralph Lauren and Louis Vuitton luggage got stolen. My rubbishy beaten up rucksack got left behind. Funny that! My crap celeb spot for the weekend was a fat looking Vinnie Jones.

The future brother in law is having a bitch fit about the pictures of the weekend. In essence he doesn't like any photos of my sister drinking from willy straws, from shot glasses, or anywhere near any other men or of us on the shoulders of men. Control Freak methinks. I would be telling him to do one myself. Randomly I managed to pull a guy who was part of a stag do from Swansea and it turns out loads of people in the office know him... awkward...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Day off from child minding today, in uni studying (actually I'm sat here working out how much a new bikepacking setup would cost), then I'm getting paid to take some random people on a tour of the campus, easy, stress free money. In the meantime I need to investigate some food I guess.

This evening it's back off to the Aunt's place as I've agreed to 2 more days of childminding this week. Might do some more next week too, quite like this whole getting paid for playing around all day and eating their food.

TTFN
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

It's cold here and mean farkoff cold, being almost 1700M above sea level makes the wind chilly and the air very dry.
    A day of win as we had a bank holiday on Monday, so it's a short week for me
    Now making plans to move back to France or perhaps Blightly, still unsure if the lure of Yorkshire will overcome the culture of Strasbourg.. decisions, decisions..
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Afternoon all,
    matthew h wrote:
    Laters
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:

The future brother in law is having a ***** fit about the pictures of the weekend. In essence he doesn't like any photos of my sister drinking from willy straws, from shot glasses, or anywhere near any other men or of us on the shoulders of men. Control Freak methinks. I would be telling him to do one myself.

Show him this and tell him its your group and split them up, then I, Gazlar will pick up the broken hearted pieces at the same time as being an awesome brother in law

567347067_1cdbb63598_z.jpg?zz=1
    Anyway successful first ride in to work in less time than its been taking me to drive
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Sorry Gaz we had better outfits than that but at the moment after the way he spoke to me on the phone Saturday night he can go do one, so welcome to the family! I was accused of being irresponsible and taking people to something they weren't streetwise enough to deal with and getting my sister too drunk. Uh it was her hen party. Just because he was a boring old fart and only went and played golf for the weekend. Jealousy is not attractive in a man.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Afternoon All

Should be back home but I'm stuck on a rig in a fog bank. Aberdeen on friday as well so sort off hoping I can miss that out if stuck tomoz
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon all,
    matthew h wrote:
    Laters
    It's too long (giggity) and boring to post on here. It raises good points though apparently
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Sorry Gaz we had better outfits than that but at the moment after the way he spoke to me on the phone Saturday night he can go do one, so welcome to the family! I was accused of being irresponsible and taking people to something they weren't streetwise enough to deal with and getting my sister too drunk. Uh it was her hen party. Just because he was a boring old fart and only went and played golf for the weekend. Jealousy is not attractive in a man.

As in they were better because you actually had outfits and not just a thin layer of paint. That's ok then thought jealousy is one thing I don't do, the only thing that would put me off your sister is the looming possibility of having Waylander as a brother in law. Oh and the fact that it may be a difficult Convo to have with the current Mrs Gazlar
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Gazlar wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

As in they were better because you actually had outfits and not just a thin layer of paint. That's ok then thought jealousy is one thing I don't do, the only thing that would put me off your sister is the looming possibility of having Waylander as a brother in law. Oh and the fact that it may be a difficult Convo to have with the current Mrs Gazlar

Yes we actually had outfits and not a thin layer of paint. Brother in law seems incredibly jealous and isn't endearing himself to any of the family at the moment. Even the Grandmothership dislikes him. And Waylander wishes.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening gits!

luvverly day here in sarf wales! so nice in fact i sacked off work and played golf* and i stuffed my opponent 5 & 4 which will mean nowt to you lot but it means i is awesome!!

onwards to bursting blisters!

toodles!

*other ghey sports are available!!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Evening Felchers,

Another heavy day at work, told the auditors to ferk off and generally did a bit of throwing my weight around in the office to make me feel better. Still, only 2 days till the weekend....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]