Tired Tuesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers,

Just started eating my breakfast whilst browsing the forum, where my eyes fell on Gazlars infamous picture and nearly spat frosties over the screen :lol:

Today, work and more work (actually there isn't a lot going on at the moment, motivation is low). Then home to ride the bike, bake some bread and that's about it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh

Good sleep ready for a day of grief followed by the pub - thankfully
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

After a near set-to with a muntjac on the way into work yesterday, I had a near miss with a hare on the way home. This commute is definately offering more excitement than the last one! Todays was less fauna-centric however the day will feature 'stuff' and 'things going on', as I try to navigate around the treacherous waters of someone else's business management system. This makes me sound old and isn't the kind of 'burning stuff and blowing s**t up' I signed up for. Hopefully there will be proper BS+BSU before the end of the week!

Man want fire!

Before that, coffee.

Onwards! To caffiene! And very grown-up purchase orders!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • thekickingmule
    Today, work and more work (actually there isn't a lot going on at the moment, motivation is low).
    Damnit, I forgot that I have First Aid training today! We used to get trained by St. John's Ambulance, however now it's an internal thing, I can't say I'm happy with this. Why move away from a respected First Aid training service, to a fat woman who knows how to apply a plaster?

Should be interesting at least...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A fine morning this morning so I went out for a run on the other bike.

Quite a busy, busy day yesterday so hopefully today will be a lot quieter as I’m not used to all this working malarkey. One minion short again today so, once again, I’ll probably have to do something.

Think I’ll start the day with more tea though.

Later……
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning boys, girls and hermaphrodites,

Course in Birmingham today which means I'll be finished for 2pm.

That really is all I got.

Meh
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning road kill assassins & cereal spillers...

I woke up this morning and decided I may do a road trip to the french alps (Chamonix/morzine) in mid Sept, have any of you lot been there around that time? Is the weather normally ok round then? I will be van camping... any info welcome
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

feeling great today. my son has slept right through for 3 whole nights...woo hoo :D I know that doesn't sound a lot to most people, but it's awesomeness personified for me :lol:

good ride last night, I've started this strava malarkey and i'm doing ok. rode a DH track for only the second time and i'm 4th on the board...not too bad 8) a track I've ridden a few times I was only 12th on...must do better :lol:

I've done a lot of work already as I want to watch the lions game at 10:40. so see ya's later, must get on
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

I have a "driver development day" with my gaffer today where I learn all kinds of new things, like how to do my job proper, like.

Chest infection is still dragging its heels, getting better slowly though. Just watching next doors cat get mobbed by magpies on the garage roof too, such fun
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Well, on the plus side I'm in sunny Italy. Got about a days worth of work needs doing and a day and a half to do it. Weather is great, food is gerat and the girls are pretty. Going back to a knackered bike though as the freehub and rear brake gave up the ghost just after I'd finished slogging my way to teh top of Cwmcarn in the pishing rain on sunday. Joy.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Today, work and more work (actually there isn't a lot going on at the moment, motivation is low).
    Damnit, I forgot that I have First Aid training today! We used to get trained by St. John's Ambulance, however now it's an internal thing, I can't say I'm happy with this. Why move away from a respected First Aid training service, to a fat woman who knows how to apply a plaster?

Should be interesting at least...

just remember your DRSABC :wink:

day over for me and now some tinterweb time and looking at bike stuff.

have a good day y'all
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    mornin goons,

work is full of little suprises today, so that at least should go quick.
    then home to rethink my bike selling strategy. Bike No2 didnt sell on FeeBay yesterday so re-advertised at a lower price. If it doesnt sell this time then it wont be worth re-advertising, so i'll have a bikes worth of bits to re-distribute throughout the fleet, hmmm, what othe niche can I exploit in search of the perfect N+1?
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'm back safe and sound. Waylander had not put me in a ditch! Isle of Wight was really good. My voice is husky after too much singing along to the Killers and Bon Jovi.

Had an amazing time and my sister says that it was the best hen do she has ever been on.

All dressed as Where's Wally on Saturday which got a lot of attention and our tents got burgled but nothing really taken apart from a couple of phones. I have some amazing suntan lines from spending all weekend sat out in the sun and even got into VIP, for the luxury of gin and tonics with ice in!

Back to work and my face doesn't want to wake up today. So tired...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening,

Fueled by being grumpy.

More work on the bike tonight damn trail builders in wales always want to seem to use a mix with fie builders sand in there trails... its a nightmare grinding parts getting into bearings...

Right laters much hate all round :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    pilch wrote:
    Morning road kill assassins & cereal spillers...

I woke up this morning and decided I may do a road trip to the french alps (Chamonix/morzine) in mid Sept, have any of you lot been there around that time? Is the weather normally ok round then? I will be van camping... any info welcome
    Weather is still fine around then, you'll be fine. Might get some summer skiing in as well over in Argentiere.

Afternoon Reprobates,

Another long day in the office - headed out for dinner with the ball & chain tonight, making the most of the ankle biter being away. On the positive side I've booked to go back to Cwmcarn next month for a spot of DH and some free suspension fettling from Mojo where they will tell me just how bad I've set mine up :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Today has not been good

Bank stalling exchange of contracts on house, causing major stress, then i get home to find my Boy has been taken to A&E after falling at nursery and smashing his face (he's ok thankfully)

red wine is helping
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    DCR00 wrote:
    Today has not been good

Bank stalling exchange of contracts on house, causing major stress, then i get home to find my Boy has been taken to A&E after falling at nursery and smashing his face (he's ok thankfully)

red wine is helping

drink more - it helps more
  • thekickingmule
    DCR00 wrote:
    Today has not been good

red wine is helping
    Do you mean your boy is drinking red wine to help his face? I'd find that helped me if I did that.
    rgliniany wrote:
    just remember your DRSABC :wink:
    See, this is why I hate moving from St. John's, as we were taught DRAB, not DRSABC :roll: Today was a disaster, all the people that need refresher courses were in uproar, and the poor woman didn't know what to do. It's now down to me to email one of the directors stating our disgust at the company for not having Fully Qualified First Aiders. What we need on paper is VERY different to what we actually need. [/rant]
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    I was first taught DRABC then on my refresher (every 3 years over here for SFA) they decided to bung in the S..... and if you have had the specific training...... another D on the end..... half the room of numpties had issues remembering the letters :lol: :roll: ........ but if it does allow me to help somebody i'll sit through the refresher every year if needs be.
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • thekickingmule
    Yeah, every 3 years here too, though I've now discovered you can do an annual one. One of the paths we're going down is to redo the course externally from college, as we believe that the training is more than just a certificate, I've used it outside of work, one bloke on the course tried saving his Dad using the skills he'd learned, only to have to do the same to a passer-by a couple of weeks later!
    We'll have to see how my employers take the email. I'm not sending it until tomorrow, when we've all calmed down and thought about it a bit more
    Blender Cube AMS Pro