Specialized BG S Works shoes with Speedplay Zeros?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Are there any problems with this combination? I read a customer review of Speedplay shoes on the Wiggle site who said that his BG shoe rocked from side to side and gave him knee problems. I'm not sure how that is possible. Any experience out there?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    speedplay zeros are perfectly fine on s-works shoes, both the current model and the previous one, i've used the combination for years and never had a problem

sounds like they messed up the fitting
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Could it be referring to the fact that when Speedplays get quite worn, they will rock from side to side? Google it, it's a known issue.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    tbh i never had that problem either, even on my three-year old commuting ones which get a huge amount of cack on them and umpteen clips out/in at the lights

perhaps it's related to amount of float used, i can imagine riders with a lot of float who rotate their feet might have a grinding action on the pedal body, i've got mine set for fairly narrow float
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    I have a simple rockingness from my speedplay actually. Probably done 13,000km on them I think.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012