Genesis Equilibrium 20 - 2013 Model Mudguards

new_wheels
new_wheels Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
I've just purchased a Genesis Equilibrium 20, 2013 model. All standard, copper red frame colour.
Really love the bike, but not the British weather so am going to add some SKS Chromoplastic Road mudguards.
Has anyone got any pictures of their bike with the Silver mudguards to help me decide which colour to buy? (Plenty of pictures out there with black guards...)
Thanks very much! :)

Comments

• tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    I don't. But matey I really wouldn't put silver mudguards with that orangey/burnt copper colour of the 2013 model.
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Especially as the bike has black coloured group set, black tape etc.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    new_wheels wrote:
    Plenty of pictures out there with black guards...
    There's a reason for that. :)
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    Black is the way to go.

Great bike btw.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Been thinking of getting one of these myself (or even the 10, as I prefer the colour and am happy with Tiagra) as my second (non-carbon) bike. They look great.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Went for SKS Chromoplastic P35's - BLACK in the end.
    Got them from Wiggle and they came with the rear reflector and mudflap.
    Would recommend the bike to anyone - I love it. (Except for the brake pads in the wet which sound like sandpaper on the rims - think I'll have to replace them...)
    Once fitted, in the spirit of the forum I'll post pictures :)
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    Those stock pads demolish rims. Can't understand why Genesis ship these bikes with such crap brakes & wheels. The finishing kit leaves a lot to be desired too.

Surely adding an good entry level wheel set like Askiums, Shimano Brakes and something like Ritchey / Deda / FSA finishing kit would elevate these bikes into a different league for not much extra.

The frame is indeed top class for the money, I was looking at the Mercian site today and a 725 frameset costs nearly a grand.

Ride the bike with stock components supplied to death and then change. They have limited value secondhand.