Dolan Tuono SL Red

poweredbyidris
poweredbyidris Posts: 848
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Very close to pulling the trigger and getting one of these, given the apparent value-for-money

Anyone have experience of these, and if so, what're their thoughts? Looking for a good, light sportive bike

Thanks

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    I've got a Dolan Hercules SL and its awesome. I think the Tuono is the next model up so should be extra awesome.
  • mesands159
    mesands159 Posts: 12
    i have got the ares sl, with force. i travelled to the shop in ormskirk (2 hour drive) to have a look at them before parting with my money. i preferred the ares, but the tuono is a nice bike. have you seen the recent review? if near then worth a visit, nice people and the service is excellent.
    Dolan Ares SL. (An Post colours)
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    On the Ares did you go for a stock paint job or have it done in a different finish? (which i believe is an option.....correct me if i'm wrong!).
    Cheers, Stu
  • mesands159
    mesands159 Posts: 12
    went for the An Post colours (green/white/carbon). getting my own colours would have blown the budget big time!!
    Dolan Ares SL. (An Post colours)
  • I'm in the same boat, choosing between the Ares SL and the Tuono SL. I've been to Ormskirk and both are great looking, and I like them both for different reasons. In the end I emailed Dolan, explained that I couldn't choose, and told them some info about me, the type of riding I do and what I was looking for in my new frame. They came back suggesting the Tuono SL would suit my needs.

I've only seen the Tuono SL in black and white. Are you going for a custom finish or is there a colour that I'm not aware of?
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Dolan frame sizes are very weird. Make sure you know what size you need. I ride 53cm frames usually, Dolan told me I would need a 47 by the way they measure. Simple error by not checking this could be a problem.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    Check the geometry on any bike you buy!
    Cheers, Stu