fizik saddle bag - waterproof?

rich164h
rich164h Posts: 433
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
I've currently got a topeak medium aero pack and to be honest it's far too big for what I need, however what I really don't like about it is that it's not at all waterproof and on a rainy day everything inside it gets soaked. I was thinking of changing it for one of the small fizik packs that can clip onto my fizik saddle and whilst the size looks perfect I'm not sure if it's going to be any more waterproof than what I've currently got. Any experiences with it?

Comments

• shadow4532
    shadow4532 Posts: 133
    i had a fizik bag and it wasnt water proof i just wrapped everything in a sandwich bag before putting it in the saddle bag. hth
    GIANT PROPEL SL1 for racing and posing
    TREK 2.5 training and commuting
    GIANT REVEL 1 LTD for when it gets all snowy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    showerproof

but for mudguardless deluge riding, definitely not, probably no bag would be
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Ortlieb do a waterproof seatpack - have one on my MTB and its kept everything dry, even through some really wet and muddy rides throughout the winter. The clip-on Fizik ones are not at all water-resistant.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Thanks guys. It's the neatest solution for my bike so I guess a combination of plenty of nikwax type products on the outside and possible a sandwich bag for certain things will be the way to go. I was hoping to avoid using interal bags etc but as said above, perhaps it is always going to be like that.

It's not all out monsoons that my current one's suffer from though, the spray from the rear wheel on only slightly wet roads is enough to soak everything in my topeak one which obviously isn't good for mobile phones or £10 notes!