cant drive but want to go....

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2013 in MTB rides
I cant drive currently but I really wanna try bike art at thetford forest anyone know if they do day trips pick you up/drop you off etc.

anyways I live in bury st Edmunds .

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Have a look and see if there are trains from Bury to Thetford or Brandon, the forest is only a couple of miles ride from the statons
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've heard a lot of really bad feedback. I wouldn't rush there.
  • WindyG
    njee20 wrote:
    I've heard a lot of really bad feedback. I wouldn't rush there.

Nothing wrong with it, people only moan as its flat but ride it right and its a full on non stop pedaling and there are plenty of lesser known trails to be found.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    WindyG wrote:
    [

Nothing wrong with it, people only moan as its flat but ride it right and its a full on non stop pedaling .

why the hell would I want that? :lol:
  • njee20
    I was talking about Bike Art specifically, I agree that if you're fit Thetford is good fun.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Bury St. Edmunds is only 12 miles from Thetford, why would you want to drive it anyway, ride!
  • Anonymous
    as much as I would love to try downhill im not sure my bike could handle it and still be useable at the bottom.

maybe ill give it a miss if its not very good then?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Who mentioned downhill?
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Who mentioned downhill?

It's the Suffolk / Norfolk border, ain't no hills!

I don't see the problem. Ride your bike to the centre, have a rest. Ride it around the forest. Have a rest. Ride home.

What am I missing here?
  • Anonymous
    Who mentioned downhill?

It's the Suffolk / Norfolk border, ain't no hills!

I don't see the problem. Ride your bike to the centre, have a rest. Ride it around the forest. Have a rest. Ride home.

What am I missing here?

not a lot .

it sound easy when you say it like that lol
  • njee20
    It is easy. Go.
  • WindyG
    njee20 wrote:
    I was talking about Bike Art specifically, I agree that if you're fit Thetford is good fun.

I have used BikeArt once to tru/tension a wheel, didn't have any problems, fitted me in despite being busy, did a good job on the wheel as it was more than just a routine tension the spokes up, price the same as everywhere else £15. I would be happy to use them again, there is a very well known bike seller in Norfolk I wouldn't go to though, they can't even build a bike right.