North West Crit Race entries wanted girls and guys

Team4Luke
Team4Luke Posts: 597
edited June 2013 in Amateur race
The organisers (Palatine Development Group) are very keen to see the use of this circuit and events grow, in particular more lady racers entering. A series of three crits were run last year and we have another three this year, the event below is Series 2 of 3, Laura Trott entered Series One and this was a great boost for the Group and event that day, she rode the mens and ladies events and was signing autographs and doing photos all day long, she didn't even get a rest in between events, a fantastic model professional.
The Group are keen to provide for entry level and low level cats as there is enough events for the higher level riders locally but do want to see a lot more ladies having a go and entering, pretty much all levels are catered for Under 8's to Elite 1/2/3/4 women only, in fact the only cats not catered for are men E/1/2.
The Circuit is pan flat, about just less than 1km around, smooth tarmac, two main straights adjoin each other with two tricky swooping bends at either end, great spectator viewing, big car park, facilities, food and drink etc.
Entries are now open, online and on the day, the organisers are happy to take any calls about the events should you consider entering and want to know more.
We usually get the sunshine 8) and we can promise a strong headwind and tailwind on the straights - usually :lol:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... ce-2#entry
Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young

Comments

• wilky27
    wilky27 Posts: 200
    I've signed up for this.

Can I ask why are there only 3 races in the series though? Been looking for decent crit series to start in the North West that isn't of an evening!
  • Team4Luke
    nice one, there is also the Surf & Turf Weekend which uses the circuit and a local road stage too, not run by us but by others, might be CDNW.
    Not sure what you mean only three races, do you mean just the three events, reason for that is our area is a bit overloaded with events and BC advised they wouldn't like to see any dilution, having said that if proved popular on saturdays and demands are received from riders the group would look at that. That is one of the reasons these are saturdays as locally during week we have two other crits nearby and evening 10's too.
  • wilky27
    Unfortunately I'm away for the surf and turf weekend!

Yeah only 3 events. A lot of people prefer racing on a weekend and crits are few and far between so it's a shame there's only 3. Here's hoping they're a massive success and more are put on next year!!
  • Team4Luke
    ok thanks I will pass that on but also please convey yourself to the organisers on the day. Have a good race, I will be there helping out.
  • Team4Luke
    great day (apart from lack of ladies), good to see a large bunch in the mens 3/4 which was contained with evenly matched abilities, apart from the two who just rode away together to contest the sprint. Providing good local easily accessible races for these entry level riders is what it is all about. The Ladies E/1/2/3 had just three entries, where are you all ? I wasn't there for the mornings junior races but from the pictures I have seen looks like those were well attended and good racing took part.
  • Team4Luke
    forgot, hopefully the final event 3 of 3 will be organised and date announced soon.
  • wilky27
    Was a great day. Looking forward to the next.

There was a bloke taking pictures, does anyone know where these can be found / bought ?
  • Team4Luke
    yes my mate was taking them, he has track access and takes awesome pics, I too took pics while marshalling and got some good ones, were both on FB, PM me, could do with knowing what bike kit you were racing in might be able to spot you. happy to Email you them and my mate doesn't charge, just a hobby.