Cleat covers - SPD-SL

edhaslam
edhaslam Posts: 29
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Just wondering if people use these and whether they can recommend a pair to fit my Shimano SH-11 (black and yellow) SPD-SL cleats?

I have a driveway with stone chippings on it, and in the last 6 months since I bought my cleats and shoes, they are starting show signs of some serious wear. I figure some cleat protectors ought to help, also they may be handy to stuff in my jersey pocket in case of emergencies.

I've seen some Shimano ones and some called Cleatskins. Are either of these any good?

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    They are just bits of plastic that cover the cleat, not sure it matters really. To be honest, my cleats look a mess and are even splitting on the edge slightly. They still clip in and out correctly. They are tougher than you would think. I would only say cleat covers more are useful to stop you going ars@ over t!t when walking on the shiny floors found when stopping for coffee and cake !!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Google SPD-SL SH45, they're what you're looking for.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • edhaslam
    edhaslam Posts: 29
    Yeah, there's always potential for stacking it at the cake stop! It will also stop me having an injury on the laminate floor at home...

Thanks MattC59, will do.