punture kit?

lcowner
lcowner Posts: 341
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
i have spare tubes where can i get a pump,levers and a saddle bag at a resonable price?does anyone use the c02 cartidge too?what are ur opinions on them?

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Depends what size/quality of seatpack you want and what you're going to put in it. They start at about £12 and go up from there. I use a Co2 / mini pump combined from Lezyne then if you have a toss day and use both your carts you have a decent mini pump to go with it. Where pumps go if it's cheap it's usually fairly rubbish
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Pump - CO2 cartridges can be great but they don't always work and the valve connection can go wrong, potentially leaving you stranded. I long ago decided - buy a decent pump mounted onto one of the bottle cage fixings. I went for a Lezyne.

Levers - I have a set of reinforced Spesh levers - they cost more than most but then again, I have suffered from snapped cheap levers on more than one occasion.

Saddle bag - the most important aspect of these is deciding what you need to carry and in turn what size it needs to be - I have a topeak one which clips onto the underside of the saddle rails and carries a tube, levers and a multi tool.

In summary I'd suggest decide what you want then look around for the best prices on them. Hope that's not unhelpful.

Peter