Majorca Cycling Clips

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Hi

Just uploaded some more clips from our trip to Majorca earlier this year, filmed on 14th April if anyone has forgotten what decent weather looks like!

http://youtu.be/6v26AF9KaPo

PB

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Good stuff, love the puff of smoke from the back tyre at 9.53!

(Still think the music needs some work though!)
  • Porkyboy
    Porkyboy Posts: 433
    Music is a strange thing, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that. The nice thing about making short videos is that you get to choose the music you want which can never suit everyone, and you can make as many versions as you like using different music :-)

PB
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    11:06, turn right, my house!
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    4kicks wrote:
    11:06, turn right, my house!

Lucky git!

If I don't do at least 2 trips a year to Majorca, I get a bit twitchy.......fortunately I have a brother-in-law, and an old mate that work in Palma on the yachts.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Ah 14th April, where was I then? Sitting on the beach at Port de Pollenca as I recall 8)
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    If I don't do at least 2 trips a year to Majorca, I get a bit twitchy.......fortunately I have a brother-in-law, and an old mate that work in Palma on the yachts.

Lukcy git! I went to Mallorca by coincidence really as it was all booked without consideration for cycling. I'd love to be able to have a week (or even a weekend) there in the Spring and Autumn.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Porkyboy wrote:
    Hi

Just uploaded some more clips from our trip to Majorca earlier this year, filmed on 14th April if anyone has forgotten what decent weather looks like!

http://youtu.be/6v26AF9KaPo

PB

That looks absolutely sublime. Gorgeous blue skies and sweeping descents, sheer magic.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Id go Autumn- Spring has now got scarily busy, especially round this part of the island, with cyclists.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Too right i went over the mountains both yesterday and today and its heaving with tourist cars allready too. Beautiful weather though. I did laugh the radio yesterday said the next eight days pure sun. They never mentioned the 50mph winds battering me all sodding day though. Its a lovely place for cycling this is true.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I was there for a hard hilly hot week back at the end March and oh back there for another week on Monday 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    The weathers cracking for the whole of next week you picked a good time! Enjoy
  • samh26
    samh26 Posts: 15
    Pollenca is my second home! Never cycled there though...not yet anyway
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    They never mentioned the 50mph winds battering me all sodding day though. Its a lovely place for cycling this is true.
    I was there a month ago. I've never known the winds to be so bad or cold [long sleeves] in Spring.
    8679650227_631a4caf4d_c.jpg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'm still here its hot & windy and surprisingly quieter on the roads than march, I've so far also managed to add 1 mph avg to the routes I did back in march.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.