Shimano SLX 10 spd jockey wheel?

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Looking for one of these as mine is badly worn! Can't seem to find one that I know is definitely what I am after. Some say 9spd, some stay 10spd. None say SLX?!

ANy help, greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Doesn't matter. Same number of teeth and speed and make sure you fit the correctly to top and bottom
  • concorde
    Doesn't matter. Same number of teeth and speed and make sure you fit the correctly to top and bottom

See that makes no sense to me. I can buy any jockey wheel I see? Or do you mean pick one with same number of teeth on it, thing is buying online can't even see on half of them how many teeth they have. Here for example:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=885

They look easy to fit. Can deal with that. It's the bottom one I need, don't need a top one.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Anything 10 speed will fit., the more you pay, the better the quality.

Which jockey is worn? You do know the top one should move side to side right?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • concorde
    Anything 10 speed will fit., the more you pay, the better the quality.

Which jockey is worn? You do know the top one should move side to side right?

Ok. On that ChainRactions link the 10spd ones are expensive as!!! Lol

The bottom one is worn, top one isn't. It's properly worn, more like a start shape than spiky bits. The outer bit has pretty much fallen off the inner bearing bit too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or get an aftermarket alloy one off ebay, lightweight bling for a fiver!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • concorde
    Trying to find one now, prices are ridic on some. It's only a little shitty disc!
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    What prices are you quoting as ridic. there seem to lots available for les than £8.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • concorde
    What prices are you quoting as ridic. there seem to lots available for les than £8.

Where you seen that? I've not seen anything under a tenna? I'm shit at eBay searching! Lol. I'll pay £8.