Worst movie you ever paid to go and see

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Just what the title says - what's yours? It only counts if you made the effort to see it at the cinema. For me (no particular order) . . .

Sin City
Signs
Kill Bill
Natural Born Killers
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Fatal Attraction

Would probably have been Universal Soldier but I fell asleep during the ads and didn't wake up until it had finished.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    The Fifth Element.

Summer holidays from university at a time when I was making a thing of going to see films on my own, which I really enjoyed - except for this film.

I'd gone into town to buy some cycling maps, and half way through the film found myself looking at those instead, so thought, sod it, and walked out.
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    Lost in translation- boooring!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Just what the title says - what's yours? It only counts if you made the effort to see it at the cinema. For me (no particular order) . . .

Sin City
    Signs
    Kill Bill
    Natural Born Killers
    Kill Bill? Come on! I take it your husband dragged you along to the cinema for your selection :wink::lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Mission To Mars. I used to drink a lot.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    The expendables & I had to buy 4 tickets to see it which makes it worse.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    blair witch project - i've seen scarier posts from pinarello001 :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Warhorse. End of
  • Rob Somerset
    Rob Somerset Posts: 127
    Avatar, probably ok though if you are less than 10 years old.
    Hills do make I sweat a lot
  • PedalPedant
    PedalPedant Posts: 185
    Avatar* and the first Lord of the Rings (fellowship of something or other). Both tedious beyond belief.

PP

* I'll accept the 3D looked incredible but it's not enough to compensate for 3 hours of drivel.
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • zbiegu
    zbiegu Posts: 42
    Battleship - what a waste of money and time.
    Ladies and Gentlemen please take my advice,
    drop down your pants and slide on the ice.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Boogie nights - it was well over 3 hours.... if it had been given a serious edit, it could have been much better (the version when shown on TV has been edited since)

oh yeah the first LOTR that was worse, dull and it just stopped, a really incongruous ending
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Animated version that even both kids were bored off by halfway. It was so bad I couldn't even do the usual falling asleep for most of it.

How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Cars... endless repetition of the same story with a moral and a feel-good end. You get to see a lot of duff fillums [who said movies? :roll: ] when kids are involved in the viewing decisions.
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    Velvet Goldmine - A friend of mine read a decent review of it in the paper and we both took our other half's to see it. It was very bad indeed. Many year's later we still wind him up about it.
  • Heat, yes that one, ridiculous, pompous and over hyped
    Happy Go Lucky, if Mike Leigh had been there I'd have been tempted to tip my overpriced cup of fizzy pop down his trousers, would have been the funniest thing that evening.
    Star Wars Phantom Menace - what was the man thinking?
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    The Matrix.

The only time I've ever fallen asleep in the cinema.

I even bought the DVD (Matrix 1 and 2) and fell asleep during Matrix 1 again. The Matrix 2 is still unwatched in the cupboard!
  • seanoconn
    I've paid to see a lot of God awful rom coms in my time (thank you wifey) Sandra Bullock's 'All about Steve' being the worst. It won awards for badness.

The biggest pile of crap I've ever had the misfortune of seeing was Mulholland Drive.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Sex lives of the potato men
    Mars Attacks
    Vertical Limit
    Jack and Jill
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Warhorse. End of

By a country-f**king-mile!

Almost everything about it. The acting was terrible, the lighting (seemingly the entire thing was shot during the golden/magic hour), the script. Some of it was laugh-out-loud awful, which made me appear like a callous bastard - trying to contain my amusement - whilst the 15 year old girls sobbed all around.

I didn't actually pay though :D

PS I can appreciate training a horse to that degree of ability - pretty incredible.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Sphere.

I just watched Prometheus on Sky. If I'd have paid to watch that in the cinema then I would have probably gone into the lobby and drowned myself in a slush puppy machine. Utter dog shi7.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Pride and Prejudice
    Shrooms

Dont ever let a girl decide what movie to watch unless she is paying which is why one of the Twilight movies, not sure which one isn't on this list.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • simonhead
    goonz wrote:
    Pride and Prejudice
    Shrooms

Dont ever let a girl decide what movie to watch unless she is paying which is why one of the Twilight movies, not sure which one isn't on this list.

Got free tickets to the test screening of the first Twilight film so didnt actually pay for them, think i was asleep in under 10 minutes.
  • seanoconn
    I forgot about Twilight! Although utter garbage Kristen Stewart is a beautiful creature and I don't normally like skinny girls.
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Alexander - Three and a bit hours I'll never get back
    The Aviator - Walked out
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Green Street - some utter piffle about football hooligans. My sister is usually quite the film buff but I think she was blinded by a fondness for Elijah Wood when she suggested we go and see this. She did, however, have the good grace to be soundly embarrassed by it.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Tron (not the first one - that was ace)
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    seanoconn wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:

Sin City
    Signs
    Kill Bill
    Natural Born Killers
    Kill Bill? Come on! I take it your husband dragged you along to the cinema for your selection :wink::lol:

Kill Bill is justified by it not being a film by itself so much as a "homage" to a load of kung fu films that were cr@p in the first place. If it had been that much cack without purporting to be anything else I could have coped. I've also a sneaking suspicion that Bridget Jones' Diary would make it into the list if I could remember anything about it other than that I've seen it
    Nick Cod wrote:
    I'd forgotten that one - Macedonians with Irish accents, Angelina Jolie doing a gypsy fortune teller accent, and the incredible feat of making the battle of Gaugamela boring
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Kerguelen
    Kerguelen Posts: 248
    The remake of Solaris, with George Clooney & Natascha McElhone spending what felt like 6 hours being moody. I caught up with my kip though.

At least Natascha didn't put on an unconvincing Northern Ireland accent like in Ronin. I suppose that was a point in its favour. As was the soundtrack, it's really nice.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Nick Cod wrote:
    The Aviator - Walked out

Aviators a great film, probably not a cinema movie but great nonetheless
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • simonhead
    goonz wrote:
    Nick Cod wrote:
    The Aviator - Walked out

Aviators a great film, probably not a cinema movie but great nonetheless

I concur, Kate Beckinsdale as Ava Gardner. Handy to have the rewind option on that as some of the dialogue can be pretty quick and you need to check what was said.

Ava Gardner: You listened to my phone calls?

Howard Hughes: No! No! No! Honey I would never do that! I'd never do that! I... I just read the transcripts, that's all