increase travel on these forks --help

coblck
coblck Posts: 217
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Just about to buy these forks for my 2nd bike and wondering if anyone else out there has these forks (see link)and if so have they pushed suspension out to 120mm as this is the travel i would prefer. many thanks for any help.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRECSITK ... o_air_fork

thanks
Giant tcr pro ultegra
Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
Voodoo Marasa 2011

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Doesn't sound like it:
    "120mm travel requires 15mm Maxle and tapered steerer only"

Ask On One
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • coblck
    i have and they said they couldnt help as it would void warranty, did see that but in the description as well but was still interested if possible, i contacted TF tuned as well but they would need to open them up. Just very good price for what im looking for.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    TF are right, some RS are 80-100mm and some are 100-120, until you take a 100mm apart you don't know which it is, if it's a 100-120 then increasing travel is fairly easy, you shorten the guide sleeve.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • coblck
    Thanks for the replies boys but of a 100 gamble to buy and see if they can be stretched out
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yup......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • coblck
    Well have them ordered now time to do some research in how to increase travel (if possible)
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • The Northern Monkey
    The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited May 2013
    As far as I know (and could be bothered to find out before I bought some 2012 Reba dual air forks) all 2013 solo airs need a different air spring assemblies fitting to reduce/increase the travel - not just the all travel spacer.

Not sure if it applies to all models, but is explained in the user manual (can be downloaded from the RS website).
  • coblck
    thanks
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • edited above, should have been reduce/increase.
  • coblck
    cheers thought that's what you meant not worth going to the expense I think
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011