First 30 miler

WindyG
WindyG Posts: 1,099
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
I do love this bike, had a free couple of hours though I would just go out and see how I would do with a rough route in my head with various option routes to take, weather wasn't great but I felt good other than slight cramp in my calf so just kept going and did 32 miles first time on a road bike at that distance I think on a better day weather wise 50 will be reasonably easy to achieve, average wasn't high at 17mph.

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    nice ride,congrats.keep it going but watch your drinking and food intake as you go further.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • WindyG
    Cheers.yeah I was thinking food and drink wise as I got into the 20's I knew around 30 would be the limit with what I had eaten and the snack/drink I had with me. This is all just training for MTB racing and my original plan was to find some kind of hills to go up, not easy in this part of Norfolk :D
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    50 will be easily achievable if you've done 30. Good idea to keep increasing distance by 20 miles too. Keep doing it and you might see a hill one day. :D
  • WindyG
    As soon as the weather gets better 50 will be soon done and dusted every ride is like one eye on the road one on the clouds at the moment. Totally enjoyed today's ride though.