10,000 posts. A retrospective/tribute

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,400
edited December 2022 in The bottom bracket
Slightly premature but as I'm not getting much work done today I expect post count and thread to overlap presently.

A heavy hitter and now with a post count to match. From first "Hi" to last, almost every post a balletic tour de force of jaunty eloquence. A dazzling wordsmith whose glittering star shines so ferociously that even the most insignificant forum members can bask in my reflected glory.

I will be re-posting requested favourites from my 1000 for a limited period only.

(I am not a bog standard interloper!)
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I thought your 659th post captured the essential qualities of a bon viveur and elite metropole such as yourself - and your use of the word 'Knockers' was sublime. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    What was your favourite post, by the way, and are there any posts you wish you'd made but didn't? :D
  • seanoconn
    What was your favourite post, by the way, and are there any posts you wish you'd made but didn't? :D
    I'm slightly envious of Mumsnet and counting

I had a post of the day last week but I'm far too modest to re-post. Requests only.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm slightly envious of Mumsnet and counting

I had a post of the day last week but
    seanoconn wrote:
    Slightly premature but as I'm not getting much work done today I expect post count and thread to overlap presently.

A heavy hitter and now with a post count to match. From first "Hi" to last, almost every post a balletic tour de force of jaunty eloquence. A dazzling wordsmith whose glittering star shines so ferociously that even the most insignificant forum members can bask in my reflected glory.

I will be re-posting requested favourites from my 1000 for a limited period only.

(I am not a bog standard interloper!)
    I'm far too modest to re-post. Requests only.

:shock: :?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    8BC26D82-2692-4A65-9125-E236E04B132B-626-00000115BADB5D54_zps2beeb67f.jpg

Last post today for added effect :D
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    How did it feel?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Never thought I would see the day when a 'Love machine' like yourself would admit to being slightly premature. :lol:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Big hand for Seanoconn and congrats on your thousandth post
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    He who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Yellow Peril
    team47b wrote:

"Do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a dragon"
    @JaunePeril

• letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    V Tech achieved that in a week but anyway:

1000TH-POST-NICE-JOB.jpg
  • ballysmate
    team47b wrote:

"Do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a dragon"

So Yellow Peril is actually Lin Chung :lol:
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:

"Man who catch fly with chopstick, accomplish anything"
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Mumsnet, never have so many been so proud of so few....I was ther man, back then I was known as .....Candida McThrush. :P
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno

Don't boost his ego YP, he is a tw4t just like me.

My 1000th was uneventful. My 5000th will be uneventful. My 10,000th will be very spooky 'cos i'll probably be dead by then.
  • seanoconn

My 1000th was uneventful. My 5000th will be uneventful. My 10,000th will be very spooky 'cos i'll probably be dead by then.
    I knew you saw yourself in me :D (not literally Ballysmate!) I'm like a younger, more attractive, slightly less educated version of Pinarello........ Oh F@ck! :(
  • Yellow Peril
    seanoconn wrote:

I knew you saw yourself in me :D (not literally Ballysmate!) I'm like a younger, more attractive, slightly less educated version of Pinarello........ Oh F@ck! :(

I can't wait for the Hollywood film on Pinarello and Seanoconn provisionally entitled "C0ck and C0cker".

Having been rumbled by Ballysmate I'm off back to my Water Margin to harvest my beansprouts, water chestnuts and prawn crackers.
    @JaunePeril

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Mumsnet, never have so many been so proud of so few....I was ther man, back then I was known as .....Candida McThrush. :P

Ahhh, Mumsnet. I remember it well. It still makes me smile to this day.

I'm off to drink more wine in honour of the few of us who dared to take on the rest. Yossina, you were a sage.
  • pinno
    Yossie wrote:

I'm off to drink more wine in honour of the few of us who dared to take on the rest. Yossina, you were a sage.

A rare appearance form the Yoss. I though that Bulgaria had so excited you, you had moved there 'cos it was cheap but you had no tinternet connection.

YP - are you growing stuff by hydroponics ? - Good for you, it tastes shyte.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    Small fry.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    10,000 approaching for me. Pressure is on to think of something profound (i.e. not like any of the previous 9,999). Alternatively I could possibly reflect how many hours of my life I've wasted on here and close my account before the milestone is reached!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Ssssh everybody - Pross is about to speak about the world, bikes and everything.....here he goes....silence please... :lol:
  • seanoconn
    Lets hope he's not destroyed by the Vogons to make way for a hyperspatial express bypass before he gets to post 'The Post of Posts' :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    Couldn't think of anything so it ended up being a fairly boring comment in pro race, entirely in keeping with all my other utterances.
  • seanoconn
    A little disappointing if I'm honest :(
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Bit of a let down. Ballsymat has only a few to go to 1000, our hopes rest on him. :lol:
  • seanoconn
    Expectations are high........

Sorry did I say high, I meant low. What's lower than low? Rock bottom? Ground level perhaps
  • ballysmate
    Bit of a let down. Ballsymat has only a few to go to 1000, our hopes rest on him. :lol:

F*ck me! I feel like Bruce Willis in Armageddon
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

F*ck me! I feel like Bruce Willis in Armageddon

Armageddon what? Fatter? Balder? Slower?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Yossie wrote:

A rare appearance form the Yoss. I though that Bulgaria had so excited you, you had moved there 'cos it was cheap but you had no tinternet connection.

YP - are you growing stuff by hydroponics ? - Good for you, it tastes shyte.

Evening

Unfortunately (or it could be fortunately) I never made it to Bulgaria - TDV is there as we speak, I'm currently trying to teach a bunch of crap hats rifle drill.

"No, you don't lick that bit" Or that bit. And definitely not that bit. And that shiney bit is sharp, so don't lick that either."

How you doin' anyway? (said in a Joey Tribiani kinda way).