Its the 60th anniversary of Hilary's ascent

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,331
edited May 2013 in The bottom bracket
...and some 80 year old Japanese bloke who has had 4 heart ops has climbed it !!

Its true

...and the plonkers are going to put a ladder, yes - a ladder up the steepest face.

You thought I woz joking

Lets not foget Ten-sing - he carried all of Edmonds stuff.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    May as well put a stair lift up it - still reckon it needs a cafe at the top.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    This.

No way I'm going all that way unless I can have a beer and a slice of pizza whilst I take in the view. They should also build some sort of dome up there to sort out the problem with the thin air I've been reading about - makes pouring a beer an absolute nightmare.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • pinno

No point unless it is iced tea - water doesn't boil at that altitude.
  • Welsh boy
    Welsh boy Posts: 38
    [/quote]water doesn't boil at that altitude.[/quote]
    It does, but it doesn't boil at a very high temperature. Boiling is a condition, not a temperature. A liquid boils when the molecules entering and leaving the liquid are in a state of dynamic equilibrium. Low atmospheric pressure (eg high altitude) means that the molecules can leave the liquid easier which means you have to put less energy (heat) into the liquid for it to boil. High pressure (eg pressure cooker or car cooling system) means that the molecules are held back into the liquid so the water can achieve a higher temperature before they boil off. Sorry to be a pedant but it comes naturally to me :)
  • pinno
    Welsh boy wrote:
    It does, but it doesn't boil at a very high temperature. Boiling is a condition, not a temperature. A liquid boils when the molecules entering and leaving the liquid are in a state of dynamic equilibrium. Low atmospheric pressure (eg high altitude) means that the molecules can leave the liquid easier which means you have to put less energy (heat) into the liquid for it to boil. High pressure (eg pressure cooker or car cooling system) means that the molecules are held back into the liquid so the water can achieve a higher temperature before they boil off. Sorry to be a pedant but it comes naturally to me :)

Now listen newbie - don't get all funny on me with all yer molecules this and molecules that conditioned dynamic atmospheric equilibrium mallarchy. Unless you are going to run the bleedin cafe yourself, DO NOT POST THIS CLEVER SORT OF STUFF IN BB> you have to post utter bollox in here or they will have you for breakfast.
    Okay?

:D
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Brian Blessed decent was probably the most impressive

DIVE!

A68E9145-9AF3-4928-839A-1B24C7447D82-1578-0000027D6905A8B1_zpsfacec1ad.jpg
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

DIVE!

Who rattled your cage? ba****ds, ba****ds,ba****ds...
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Might have guessed you'd come crawling out fom under your rock at this time of night.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    seanoconn wrote:

Might have guessed you'd come crawling out fom under your rock at this time of night.
    Impressive quoting pinhead :roll:

On average, forum members reach their peak near the 1000 post mark...... You 2170 has been!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Cleat Eastwood
    I had pasta today that had to be placed in 'softly boiling water' - question - could I have my pasta on top of everest - hope so, i'm hungry :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Not the anniversary of when Mrs Clinton first climbed aboard Bill then? :roll:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Why celebrate his ascent - surely the hardest bit is getting down - have you ever tried walking down icy steps in the winter - lethal. :lol:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Why celebrate his ascent - surely the hardest bit is getting down - have you ever tried walking down icy steps in the winter - lethal. :lol:

Oh for the days when we all had coal fires and used to sprinkle the ashes on the ice on the back yard.