Scott Foil 10

Callum_62
Callum_62 Posts: 28
edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
Finally got round to taking some pictures of my new bike. I've had it about 2 weeks now, and I after a few teething problems (the idiot who built it up initially didn't press the bb properly or use any carbon paste on the seatpost), it's not running beautifully. It's phenomenally stiff, but I like the feeling that all my effort is going into forward motion, and I'm pretty young, so I'll take speed over comfort while I can.

Frame: Scott Foil 10 2012
Shifters: SRAM Red 2012
Front & Rear Mech: SRAM Rival
Brakes: SRAM Apex
Chainset: SRAM S350
Wheels: Gigantex 50mm Clincher / Vittoria Open Corsa Evo
Stem & Bars: 3T Team
Saddle: Specialized Romin

image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

I've tried to build the bike up on a bit of a budget, hence the mixed group set. But I plan on upgrading it slowly over the next couple of years. I think a new crankset will be first on the shopping list, as the current one lets down the rest of the bike a bit in my opinion.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Very nice, but all Foils deserves a nice set of tubs! ;)
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • cyclosteve
    cyclosteve Posts: 150
    very nice ive had a cr1 pro for 8 years and its been fantastic but time to move it on ive just brought a scott foil 40 had it with full ultegra and mavic elites not ridden it yet but if its as good as cr1 will be well happy yours looks FANTASTIC enjoy :D
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    I'd go brakes if I were you first. I had those SRAM Apexs, and while they're okay, I had a couple of 'why am I not stopping moments?' at speed. Got Dura Ace on mine now, which are miles better.
  • Really nice looking bike.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Like that a lot.