Giant Anthem X 2 29er 2013

Cubic
Cubic Posts: 594
edited June 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Just got my new mountain bike a couple of days ago. My girlfriend and I are getting back into mtbing and hopefully this should be just the ticket. She has got herself a girl's Anthem 26er. We're looking to do some long xc riding in Surrey with the odd trip further afield thrown in.

I've only had chance to ride it around a carpark so far, but the sizing (medium) feels good to me, I'm 5'10. The bike feels pretty lightweight and nimble compared to the ones I've used in the past. I'll hopefully get out and use it in anger soon!

Everything is as stock at the moment. Giant have fitted a bolt through seatpost clamp, so I think I'll swap that to a quick-release one. I think a Hope QR clamp in gunsmoke should match the frame well.

I'll keep everything else as it is for the time being. I've never used SRAM before, so that should be interesting. Eventually I'll probably look to upgrade the X5 shifters and the Elixir 1 brakes as I think these are the weakest parts of the bike.

Overall though I'm very happy. I think the bike looks great and I can't wait to get out and use it! :D

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Looks nice in those colours, why do you need a QR clamp do you adjust you seatpost much? The best thing to change would be the wheels the standard ones are very heavy. Surprised it has Elixir 1 on an X2.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I'd put a qr on the seat post as I do adjust my saddle frequently (and its cheaper than a dropper). However, I wouldn't be getting a Hope one - they're terrible. I use Salsa on my other bikes, and its what will be getting fitted to my Anthem this month!

Enjoy!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Thanks for the tip about the Hope QR, I'll take a look at Salsa. I also want to be able to drop my saddle easily for the odd times I'll come across something tricky.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    very nice