Dominoes: anyone had 35?

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
The game not the Pizzas :D

The highest possible score in one play is 35 points, which is obtained by having the [6-6], [5-5] and [4-4] tiles on the ends of three arms of the layout and a tile which shows a 5 on the fourth arm.

How boring would your job have to be to even have an opinion on this?

My son ate 5 pizzas once, not for a bet, just being a student and going to an all you can eat pizza place :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Your boredom threshold is set way to low T47b. Living in Portugal I would expect it to be much higher.

Would like my opinion about a 35? Or whether I've had a 35? (I don't have either but please make yourself clear)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    I used to eat a large Dominos all by myself.

Then I started cycling and didn't burn enough calories on a ride to burn off a large Dominos until I did 60 miles. :shock:

Now I order small. :cry:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    pinkteapot wrote:
    I used to eat a large Dominos all by myself.

Then I started cycling and didn't burn enough calories on a ride to burn off a large Dominos until I did 60 miles. :shock:

Now I order small. :cry:

I make my own homemade pizzas for exactly this reason. Thin crust dough made by me has many less calories than Domino's dough (I think, at least i'll keep telling myself that, and I just stack cheese and meat high on it. Ohh I love being able to cook. 5 large pizzas cost me about a 5er at home, i'd pay £50 or so if I ordered from Dominos.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:
    Your boredom threshold is set way to low T47b. Living in Portugal I would expect it to be much higher.

Would like my opinion about a 35? Or whether I've had a 35? (I don't have either but please make yourself clear)

To make myself clear Mr S, 35 is a tetrahedral number.

The formula for the n-th tetrahedral number is represented by the 3rd rising factorial of n divided by the factorial of 3.

The tetrahedral numbers can also be represented as binomial coefficients.

Tetrahedral numbers can therefore be found in the fourth position either from left or right in Pascal's triangle.

Domino is not pizza, it's an open sandwich.

Clear enuff :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

The formula for the n-th tetrahedral number is represented by the 3rd rising factorial of n divided by the factorial of 3.

Tetrahedral numbers can therefore be found in the fourth position either from left or right in Pascal's triangle.

I take it back. Your boredom threshold is obviously very very low :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

:? :? :?

That shut you up seanoconn - bloody shut me up an all.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!