How has your bank holiday been?

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2013 in The bottom bracket
Mine has been great.

Had a walk to a local country cafe with mrs Tank, enjoyed a nice pot of tea and some great sarnies and cake. Leisurely walk home, couple of hours on the bike then smoothed a couple off in the local, hmmmm! Bit of dinner and bloody good result I reckon. :D
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    Very good thanks for asking :D
    Nice weather Sat, so went for a nice bimble on the coast with Mrs, followed by a pleasant glass of cider and a chinese.
    Sunday, weather great again, and a good club ride of 102 miles, followed by a large bowl of pasta and some ice cream.
    Today, weather shoite, but nice soak in the bath this morning followed by one of those lazy days spent reading, and watched 'Django Unchained' for the first time :)
    Bonus day off tomorrow also :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I thought you'd never ask. Yeah pretty good thanks, the weather's been decent for a change. I got thrown into the Thames yesterday but that was only a minor blip on a good bank holiday. :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Spent most of the day on Alcatraz after an early lunch in the Italian district of San Francisco.

My first time in the States. What a wonderful introduction!

Been on a bike yet? Cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge is quite an experience, and there are some nice roads in Marin County on the other side. You can also catch a ferry back from Sausalito (good views and a bar). Most of the hire shops rent clunky hybrids, but look around and you can find road bikes...
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Mine's been good. Spent yesterday riding round Richmond Park (very slowly!!) with the OH who is trying out some road bikes. This morning did 63 miles in the Surrey Hills - weather glorious.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    12 hour shift in a factory in Essex. No canteen as management aren't in and no notification of no canteen. 10 hours non-stop running round getting process started. Kebab on the way home and a nice bath. Better now. Jealous of your day Frank McTank.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Not bad.

First weekend in NYC, and no work to go to finally, so walked about 35-40km over the few days soaking up all the sights.

Enjoyed the football in a big 'soccer' bar, which, I'll be honest, had better atmosphere than most football pubs I've been to in the UK for a big match.

Had some food that resembled DMC's various food avatars and bought myself a flat cap so I now look as much of a douche as I sound ;).
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    I took advantage of having couple of days off work & made the most of the weather. Saturday did a nice 50 miles, much of which was spent doing Regents Park laps. Sunday i did 35 miles doing a mix of hills & Regents Park (ride cut short due to a front blowout & saddle movement issues which i had to sort roadside & irritated me enough to make me wanna go home). Then yesterday i got in a nice 100 around Surrey with plenty of decent climbing. Good ride, shame about the pot holes!! Horrendous!!

Also watched the Monaco GP, which was ace.
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    Saturday morning club ride - hilly route to Stow on the Wold, and hilly back home !!! Sunday spent marshalling the club triathlon at Brockworth where I had my face burned by that large orange thing in the sky.... BBQ and a few beers.... goooooood...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    not a holiday here (apparently we have been told we can't afford one :D ) but I Facetimed my son who lives in London and...

...the sun was shining!

It looked really nice, let's hope it continues.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    You've bocked it!

tumblr_lv6bvbfp6e1r1yutvo1_500.gif
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Nice weather.

No riding.

Shovelled 3.5 tonnes of Slate chippings on neighbours drive.

Mowed my lawn

Mowed his too

Am F00ked, feel like I got hit by a car.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I've just remember a bank holiday trauma I must have been suppressing.

Visiting friends and kissing their lovely new born baby on the head. At which point the mother tells me they haven't cleaned him yet! :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Mine was pretty good. My mum and dad came to visit London for the first time. Took them to the Tower of London on Saturday and went out for Sunday lunch at one of my locals. Was working on BH Monday though, so they went to Hampton court with my other half while I sat at home working...

All in all, a great weekend though :-) Glad it wasn't pissing down also....
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Not bad.

First weekend in NYC, and no work to go to finally, so walked about 35-40km over the few days soaking up all the sights.

Enjoyed the football in a big 'soccer' bar, which, I'll be honest, had better atmosphere than most football pubs I've been to in the UK for a big match.

Had some food that resembled DMC's various food avatars and bought myself a flat cap so I now look as much of a douche as I sound ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6QKpNK9Cc

just for you Rick, one of my favourites.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    Mine was good too so far.
    Family are off on holiday with the wife's friend and her daughter - I have the week off work on my own!! :D:lol:

Drove over to Bala in mid-Wales and did a shortish ride of 36 miles. However, I rode from Bala towards Lake Vyrnwy up the Hirnant Pass, round the Lake, then back up the Bwlch-y-Groes - so 3,000 feet of climbing. The really good thing was that I got up both passes without stopping or walking :D (unusual for me :oops: )

The weather forecast was spectacularly wrong though. Said it was <5% chance of rain until 4:00pm when there could be a light shower - it actually pi**ed it down from about 11:00am :evil:
    Still, a very enjoyable day nonetheless.
    Bottle of red ready to be opened later as a reward.

I have got another ride planned for Friday with a mate around the Malvern Hills. Cross fingers for better weather.
    Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Went to the bank.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Was ideal, spent it climbing the Dolomites and drinking red wine.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Was ideal, spent it climbing the Dolomites and drinking red wine.

I'm no Health & Safety Officer but is that not a bit dangerous? :wink:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Crammed in a swift 30 with a mate on Saturday morning, got home and remembered that the Mrs had gone out and I'd forgotten my keys. Went back out on the bike for an additional swift 20, then sat in the sun in the garden for a couple of ours, until Mrs C got home.

Sunday was spent clearing out the garage. Fitted two bike racks to the garage wall and a ground anchor to the, eeerm, ground. Polished off a nice bottle of red in the evening.

Monday, I spent an hour or so queuing in the car to get into Highclere Country Fair before giving up and heading home, then cleaned the bike and ordered some stuff from Wiggle :D

Nice and relaxed, just what was needed after a few hectic weeks at work :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Was ideal, spent it climbing the Dolomites and drinking red wine.

I'm no Health & Safety Officer but is that not a bit dangerous? :wink:

..no - it was the Austrian wine that had anti-freeze in it.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    Sorry to gloat, but my Bank Holiday is just about to start.

Weather - beautiful
    Beer - on ice
    Barbeque - primed and ready to go.
    Night out with missus on Sunday - check
    Marathon planned for Monday - check

The BH in Ireland is this weekend.

Actually, I'm not sorry to gloat at all !
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6QKpNK9Cc

just for you Rick, one of my favourites.

Stephen-Colbert-sticks-hi-001.jpg