NEG Motorcyclist killed at race

SteppenHerring
SteppenHerring Posts: 720
edited May 2013 in Amateur race
Story.

I'm a fat tester but I do marshal road races. I've always admired the NEG guys for their good humour and professionalism. And I found out today that they only do it for expenses. This is an awful thing to have happened. I know speculation is not a good idea but I can't see one of these guys doing anything radically dangerous.

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    very sad news - condolences to the riders family :(
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Second death I've heard of this year. When it happens to someone who volunteers their time so people like me can race, it's all the more saddening. I just can't believe it.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • eskay
    eskay Posts: 57
    Really sad news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I was asked to drive in a race convoy earlier this year (for the first time) and I never realised what a great job the NEG riders do.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    It was only 30 mins into the first stage of a 3-day event. Sensibly they cancelled that day's race and the rest of the event actually.

Condolenses to family and friends of his. Those guys are golden and give up hours on their weekends to help us race safely. Long may they continue to do so too!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.