What level have you played at?
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    180 - Many 8)
    Highest check out - 150 (very flukey)
    Best leg - 15 darts
    What level played at - played for one year in a working men's club league..... Some working men's clubs are really rough! :shock:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    180s - over 1000
    Highest checkout - 170, 154 in a proper match.
    Best leg - 13 (a few times), and should have have thrown much less (many times).

I have played a lot of darts - was college and university captain for 4 years, winning the college title 4 years running. I was Uni champion and won 5 player of the season awards in the local pub league.

I packed in a for a few years, but started playing again in 2007. Our team has just won the local league and has lifted the aggregate and knockout cup now, plus the cup. Just finished this season, I reached the semi final of the individuals, suffering a narrow defeat to a Yorkshire County A player. Also have got the highest average, highest checkout and fastest game for our team.

Have won a few other tournamnets and have a few trophies, and often play against England and county players.

Would like to play superleague and get a county average, but don't have the time.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Best dart story : we hung a new board in the college bar - I say I'd better check its at the right height - throw first dart straight into triple 20 turn to my watching mates with a nonchelant "yes - its at the right height"
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Darts + cycling = incompatible?!
  • I played at Rubbish Pub League level a couple of decades back, and it's safe to say inter-pub match stats have been lost in the mists of time. This is probably a good thing. I've certainly hit 180s on practice nights though, and my best checkout on said nights is a 170 (a once and never to be repeated event). Can't remember my best leg, but sub 20 legs happened on occasion.

That said, reality was more likely to look like 43, 60, 26, 45, 60 *time passes* 32 left, 16 left, 8 left, 4 left, 2 left, my will to live just left, hurry up and win, this is painful.
    Mangeur
  • supersonic
    Darts + cycling = incompatible?!

I cycle to all my games ;-). And try and cycle back...
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,372
    Am crap at darts - think I've hit a 140 in the local once. Bets checkout was a double 7 to win a pub league match when I was dragged along because they were short.

I have to say darts, for me, is one of the most compelling sports to watch. Should be in the Olympics.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Played in a local darts league many many years, it was a friend's dad's pub and we were the bottom team in league 8, i.e as low as a snake's scrotum. I scored one 180 and my best checkout, and this was to win the one match we won all season, was 147 (triple 17, triple 20, double 18) MY GOD!!!! we celebrated that win!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yes loads
    In a match it's 160 - had someone go out with 170 against me.
    Can't remember best leg.
    The highest, I was Allestree Woodlands 6th form champion 1985.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I have - during a game of 1,000,001 - think I got it twice - game took 3 months :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Fuk me, if this is what the wevver is doing to us...

As an honourary member of the Kenyan Kwazungu tribe,At a quite unique celebration of idiocy*, I once ate some barbequed goat that was twatted by a poisoned dart. He was number 35 of 56. Does that count?

*To celebrate 2 coach loads of Mormons who strayed into the no-mans land on the border of Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania
    They were told not to. They still went. They thought they could convert a few. They were found very hungry days later wandering in the bush completely naked.

I got a picture of me at the 'party' with me mates, I am the one on the far left:

8080610403_749a10a065_z.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    What level played at - played for one year in a working men's club league..... Some working men's clubs are really rough! :shock:

If you frequented working men's clubs, you will be well aware of domino leagues matches ie 5s and 3s.
    My in laws can dissect a game of dominoes as if it were Spassky - Fischer. I don't know why players hide their dominoes because the good players seem to be able to work out what everyone is holding. :?
  • supersonic
    Ha, our league is darts, crib and doms. Most of the dominoes players are at least 100 and will shout if you do the slightest thing out of turn.
  • seanoconn
    Not seen it played in a club but elsewhere, with players slamming the dominos down and taking the game very seriously.

I can build quite a mean dominos tower myself 8)
  • supersonic
    They annoy me when they treat you like idiots. Then they get on the dartboard and have to ask what to go for all the time! Then I get my revenge :twisted:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Got to a reasonable standard and hit a few 180's eventually after playing a fair bit back when I was a student funnily enough. I practised loads at home as Dad had a board up in the house and I actually found it useful for relaxation and my studies as you could just plod back and forth for a while both throwing the arrows and thinking about any coursework!

Incidentally the main reason my Dad had a dartboard at home was because he'd picked up the game whilst in the fire service and back then there were probably some bloody good amateur players of darts,pool,snooker and table tennis in the service as they had many many hours to practice whilst at 'work'. Some sports you are limited by what nature gave you but others such as darts I remained convinced it's all about being prepared to put the hours in more than anything else.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I hit 2 180's on the trot years ago, I used to play a lot, never did it before or since although plenty of 140's.
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    I've hit the first five darts of a perfect leg....... Only took another 20 to finish the leg off :|
  • supersonic
    Annoying innit? Have hit six consecutive t20s before, but not been near a 9 darter.

But it is practice. I was playing in 3 leagues 15 years ago, and practicing every day. Now much less so my standard has dropped: practicing bores me though!
  • seanoconn
    supersonic wrote:
    Annoying innit? Have hit six consecutive t20s before, but not been near a 9 darter.

But it is practice. I was playing in 3 leagues 15 years ago, and practicing every day. Now much less so my standard has dropped: practicing bores me though!
    I would have thought you'd be nearer a 9 darter with your stats mate.

I had a board at home for a while but practise didn't seem to make much difference to my game. I did find however that my optimum performance is between 3-5 pints (nice and relaxed but not too blurry) :D
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Played darts a fair bit in my late teens and early 20s and bagged a handful of 180s in that time. In the last 18-20 years though I've hardly played at all and not a single 180 to my name. My wife bought me a dartboard for Christmas and for the first time in years I've been playing again. Perhaps I'll nail a 180 again before I die! :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    I`ve hit many 180`s,too many to count but how many have hit three red bulls.That`s a tougher one.I have done it three times.Though i don't go for it that often.

Another game we play round these parts is Round the Board.The magic number is seven and i have done it about five or six times,once in competition.Not the same as scoring i agree but a good game none the less.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Only ever once. I still lost. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    I've done the three red bulls twice, but it was thirty years ago. You hit a lot of 180's for every one of them you get. My daughter bought me a good bristle board for my birthday a few years ago but it's never been put up yet.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I used to be in a pub darts team many moons ago so you'd expect a yes, but it's a no because we played on a doubles board, then again if I'd played on a normal board I'd have probably never got one.
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Yes, once, but sadly I needed treble 20, treble 20 and double 5 to finish.
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Think my best ever was 140. That was on a rare left handed try and i always though i was right handed. Not sure what that means, probably that im rubbish at darts!
  • supersonic
    Done the three bulls thing 8 times now - sometimes play off the bull for fun, hit quite a lot of tons! Once threw 11 consecutive 25 and bulls, and have thrown 6 consecutive tops in a game.

Playing in a pairs tournament tonight, better sharpen the arrers ;-)
  • seanoconn
    supersonic wrote:
    Done the three bulls thing 8 times now - sometimes play off the bull for fun, hit quite a lot of tons! Once threw 11 consecutive 25 and bulls, and have thrown 6 consecutive tops in a game.

Just noticed your post count!? Is that correct and is it the highest on the forum?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

Just noticed your post count!? Is that correct and is it the highest on the forum?

Actually only 26,000. Each post was a treble, :)