Descending Safely

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
Ok not quite cycling related but made me laugh.

The safety police have been at it again and had to try and ruin the fun. Its ok now though - as the organisers replaced the real cheese with a foam one - so everything is ok now..... its all perfectly safe!! :lol::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-22681708

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    utter insanity, i never heard of anyone being injured by the cheese, it's the impact with the ground that does the damage

surely they could've had a whip round for the cheese, then afterwards rarebit all round, nom nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I seriously wish people would stop trying to dampen peoples fun in events due to "safety concerns". Things are getting out of hand.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Ok not quite cycling related but made me laugh.

The safety police have been at it again and had to try and ruin the fun. Its ok now though - as the organisers replaced the real cheese with a foam one - so everything is ok now..... its all perfectly safe!! :lol::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-22681708

what 'safety police' are they?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517

seems the police warned the cheesemakers who traditionally supply the cheese that in the event of accident they could be held liable

supplying cheese with intent to cause actual bodily harm, it's a huge problem for society, the police are at their limit trying to clamp down on it

it'd be nice if the police instead spent the time on more useful activities, such as nailing bike thieves and tasering bad drivers
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    sungod wrote:

seems the police warned the cheesemakers who traditionally supply the cheese that in the event of accident they could be held liable

supplying cheese with intent to cause actual bodily harm, it's a huge problem for society, the police are at their limit trying to clamp down on it

it'd be nice if the police instead spent the time on more useful activities, such as nailing bike thieves and tasering bad drivers

It's even better than that. They hung around today to issue dire warnings to whoever brought the cheese.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    ...to my knowledge there have, over the years, been many broken collarbones/ankles/wrists etc - but no litigation.
    Well done GlosPol, how to alienate the public and lose goodwill in one swift movement...!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    As discussed elsewhere on T'net. The Ottery St Mary barrel carrying is a good one;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/imag ... ry.shtml?9
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I heard someone broke 6 fingers. But luckily his other hand wasn't hurt.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    mfin wrote:
    I heard someone broke 6 fingers. But luckily his other hand wasn't hurt.

It's not the Forest, you know. We have horseless carriages and everything round these parts.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    A bloke lost his leg on the cheese chase a few years back.

Ever since then he's had to have a Stilton.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Shouldnt this thread title be 'Descending Caerphilly' :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.