Not impressed!

Rad2474
Rad2474 Posts: 162
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Went to Hamsterly forest today for the first time,sign says parking £3 but when you get to the kiosk another sign informs you that it's £5 this bank holiday weekend.Then when you get into the carpark there are signs telling you that accelerator,transmission and nitrous will be closed most of the day due to an enduro event. It was later in the afternoon when i got there so i could get on the trails but if i'd arrived earlier and couldn't i'd have been f**** furious.
On a plus side i enjoyed the trails thought. I live in Co.Durham so nothing surprises me with our council.

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I think they post it on the website, but i agree it's poor that they cant tell you before you have to pay parking...

£5 isn't bad at all though, given the amount that has been spent on new trails in the last few years.
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 Posts: 162
    I think they post it on the website, but i agree it's poor that they cant tell you before you have to pay parking...

£5 isn't bad at all though, given the amount that has been spent on new trails in the last few years.
    I agree £5 isn't to expensive just very annoying the raise it on a bank holiday,remember there's not just mountain bikers there but lots of people.
  • bennett_346
    It's one of the best trail centre's i've been to and yet £5 is still considerably less than many others ive visited.

Just be glad you're not one of the mugs paying £30 odd for the DH...
  • Corners R Us
    Corners R Us Posts: 214
    Rad2474 wrote:
    Went to Hamsterly forest today for the first time,sign says parking £3 but when you get to the kiosk another sign informs you that it's £5 this bank holiday weekend.Then when you get into the carpark there are signs telling you that accelerator,transmission and nitrous will be closed most of the day due to an enduro event. It was later in the afternoon when i got there so i could get on the trails but if i'd arrived earlier and couldn't i'd have been f**** furious.
    On a plus side i enjoyed the trails thought. I live in Co.Durham so nothing surprises me with our council.

Bit like their confusing congestion charge that nobody in power seems able to explain! I called their money extraction desk as I was visiting the area on business and was left even more confused! Thank god its only a small town as I doubt they'd manage something bigger.......

Corners
  • bennett_346
    Agreed the co durham council are scum. Weren't like ten of their high ranking leaders investigated for £10,000+ expenses fraud last year?

Anyway it's not them who sets the prices though.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    To cheer you up here are a few hundred pics of the race today. They all look happy.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    I was at a race there on friday night and the £8 entry included parking.

RE Uk gravity enduro they were also there on friday night and from what i could gather enduro seems to be a marketing buzzword for "middle aged naive tools with more money than sense and far too much body armor pretending theyre 25 again but actually have no riding skill and a lack of any fitness".

They were going down the same fecking trail as we were going down in our race except they had 30 minutes to get back to the top and we had 5...

No offence to anyone who entered ;)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You are quite correct about a lot of them, but I guarantee that the top guys (and girls) will make you look sadder than you sound.

ps I don't race - obviously being a nice person I like to give other people a chance as well.

pps being from Gateshead and all, I would have thought it was the ideal opportunity to pinch some decent kit. Should've stayed sober.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    Oh i've no doubt there will be those there very clued up and far better than me. Just the overwhelming majority of people i saw there pretty much personified the magazine MBR.

We're all very grateful that you give the rest of us a chance to win. Stay sober at an event which other lunatics like me who ride bicycles through mud are at? No chance.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222

RE Uk gravity enduro they were also there on friday night and from what i could gather enduro seems to be a marketing buzzword for "middle aged naive tools with more money than sense and far too much body armor pretending theyre 25 again but actually have no riding skill and a lack of any fitness".

Sweet, I'll give it a try.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500