Torm

Comments

• TheCoo'sTail
    TheCoo'sTail Posts: 113
    Love the Torm kit. Stylish, practical and great value. What more could you want? I'm going to pop in to the shop later this year when I have to go down to Manston, Kent. I must remember to bring some biscuits with me (twitter). :wink:

Roll on Fathers Day (I do hope the wife and kids see this) any black one will do!! :wink:
    At the erse end o' a coo!
  • frostorama
    frostorama Posts: 16
    Just wanted to add that I think Torm make great jerseys and their customer service is excellent. My T1 jersey started to show signs of the seams parting on the rear hem. Torm replaced the jersey without any fuss, top result!

Definitely going to be buying some more of their jerseys!
  • housemunkey
    housemunkey Posts: 237
    After hearing about Torm on a different thread I decided I needed one! Bought a T7 and it got here just in time for Tour of the Peak. It performed great when it was chilly at the start and just as good when it got quite warm in the sun later on, very impressed all around with performance and look. In fact after the finish I even got stopped by a chap complimenting it, needless to say he was given a full recommendation!
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I've been eyeing these up for a while. Now that they have size XS I've ordered a black & white T2. :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Ordered a T7 in medium, so we'll see what happens.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    If I needed any more kit then i'd be all over Torm, really like the look of the jerseys, and for the price I don't think you can grumble.

Any plans on doing some bib shorts? I'd be VERY interested.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    willy b wrote:
    If I needed any more kit then i'd be all over Torm, really like the look of the jerseys, and for the price I don't think you can grumble.

Any plans on doing some bib shorts? I'd be VERY interested.
    Sorry folks, no bib shorts...and no cups, no cufflinks or caps !

Its only me and Al so we dont want anything to take our focus away from jerseys and baselayers.
  • Torm
    giant man wrote:
    That should be there tomorrow...let me know what you think.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    I just wish they had more stock as they wont have T3 in my size until autumn-Agggghhh!
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Get a T2 in the new cool blue....... That's what I would get if I was allowed....... :-(
  • shamrock134
    Received my T2 today, very speedy service. It looks and feels lovely. The size XS is perfect for midgets (5'5'', 34" chest) like me. :lol:

I will be testing it out this weekend around the Peak District in hopefully 20C+ temps! I can see myself getting more Torm jerseys in the future.
  • teisetrotter
    teisetrotter Posts: 342
    Definately going to buy some. I saw a friend in one and they are top quality and great for the cooler mornings. However unlike any other cycling clothes, the size is the size.

My club Giordana bib tights, although excellent, are plain stupid. I have large and they are slightly to tight, I am 5'6" and 10st6lbs
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Another big up for Torm here. Credit where it's due. I've been planning on these to enhance my summer wardrobe and seeing this thread only confirmed that.

Ordered black and yellow T1 and red and white T7 on Tuesday afternoon. Arrived yesterday. I can honestly say that the quality, cut, styling and design are superb. I have more expensive jerseys from Castelli, Solo, Santini etc and they don't come close in the quality stakes.

Equally importantly, they look and feel fantastic. It's great to see a small British company getting it right and doing it so well.

Keep it up Torm! I'll definitely be back.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Ordered the T5 in large, unfortunately my first preference black and white in large was not available but red and white looks good too. I have been wearing a Rapha winter jersey off the bike in the cooler evenings when going to the pub, shops etc and it has been perfect for that use - a number of non cycling people have also made some nice compliments about the top. It would interesting to see if the T5 could do the same job.
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    djhermer wrote:
    Another big up for Torm here. Credit where it's due. I've been planning on these to enhance my summer wardrobe and seeing this thread only confirmed that.

Ordered black and yellow T1 and red and white T7 on Tuesday afternoon. Arrived yesterday. I can honestly say that the quality, cut, styling and design are superb. I have more expensive jerseys from Castelli, Solo, Santini etc and they don't come close in the quality stakes.

Equally importantly, they look and feel fantastic. It's great to see a small British company getting it right and doing it so well.

Keep it up Torm! I'll definitely be back.

What u think of the black and yellow?

Been waiting for this one.....
  • Torm
    Shots of the new yellow/black and black/yellow jerseys are now on the site if you want to check out the colours more closely.
  • Torm
    Brian1 wrote:
    I just wish they had more stock as they wont have T3 in my size until autumn-Agggghhh!
    Sorry Brian1, its only me and Al that run the company and we are deliberately small so we do sometimes go out of stock on some jerseys.
  • Torm
    Received my T2 today, very speedy service. It looks and feels lovely. The size XS is perfect for midgets (5'5'', 34" chest) like me. :lol:

I will be testing it out this weekend around the Peak District in hopefully 20C+ temps! I can see myself getting more Torm jerseys in the future.
    How were the Peaks , did you climb Winnats Pass in your T2 ?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Torm wrote:
    giant man wrote:
    That should be there tomorrow...let me know what you think.
    Well, received the T7 on Saturday, took far too long on postage as i did order on Tuesday (you should do something about that imo, eg free postage), but it is nice quality. I've got Assos, Castelli, Campag, Santini etc. and it is very comparable especially at approx half the cost of some. The fabric feels very nice, the zip superb, the back pockets feel kinda light material wise, but i'm sure they will hold up with stuff in there. The double zip pockets btw are VERY welcome, and overall very good quality. The sizing - I went for a Medium, it's snug, not sure what kind of sizing the Large would be. But yeah, once i get the sizing right, I'll be ordering more, the T8 for one.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Just got a T2 in blue, XXL, for info it's a slightly tighter fit than my Rapha in the same size. Looks and feels to be really good quality although not tried it on a ride yet. Also got a base layer, again it's a quality bit of kit although the head hole is quite large which means it leaves a fair amount of flesh around your neck when you're wearing it, not exactly what you want, would be better having a higher neck line.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • shamrock134
    Torm wrote:
    How were the Peaks , did you climb Winnats Pass in your T2 ?

Unfortunately not, my mate is still a beginner so could only do a 30 miler. :( We did go up the Cat and Fiddle road to the pub though. :)

Very happy with the T2 so far! :D
  • Torm
    poppit wrote:
    Just got a T2 in blue, XXL, for info it's a slightly tighter fit than my Rapha in the same size. Looks and feels to be really good quality although not tried it on a ride yet. Also got a base layer, again it's a quality bit of kit although the head hole is quite large which means it leaves a fair amount of flesh around your neck when you're wearing it, not exactly what you want, would be better having a higher neck line.
    Noted.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    In advance of spending a week in the alps I bought a T8 and a T12. The reports of the Col de Pt St Bernard and d'Iseran were that there was still a lot of snow around and the passes were closed - so I was preparing for all eventualities, long and short sleeves.

As it turned out the weather forecast was wrong and generally the temperatures were higher than expected. So the T7/long sleeve stayed in the wardrobe and has not yet been worn in anger. The T12 was worn on 4 out of 7 rides and it was very comfortable. I would say it was warmer than the team polyester jersey I wore on the other days but it didn't feel any better at wicking moisture when too hot - and I was sweating buckets. The material feels better quality than straight polyester and I like the look although I need to lose a few pounds.

IMG_0906.JPG

The finish of the stitching, zip and pockets is excellent.

The only downside is the volume of the pockets. On one day, Cormet de Roseland, we had to pack for a cold, cloudy start and a hot climb and a very cold summit. I ended up carrying arm warmers, windstopper gilet, gore paclight waterproof, food, phone and skull cap.

IMG_0854.JPG

I could not have got all that in my Torm jersey but I did in a standard team jersey.

It was washed after each ride and hung on a hanger to dry. No creases and ready to wear the next morning, no loss of colour or quality of feel in the fabric.

I'll probably buy another when I need one.
  • Brian1
    Just got my T2 today. It really is a beautiful piece of kit! Will definitely be buying again . Thanks guys
  • rollemynot
    Brian1 wrote:
    Just got my T2 today. It really is a beautiful piece of kit! Will definitely be buying again . Thanks guys

Don't tell me it's the "cool new blue one" I recommended.
  • Brian1
    Nope it's black and white!
  • rollemynot
    Brian1 wrote:
    Nope it's black and white!

Phew only slightly jealous then..... My T5 is black and white, but I want a T2 :(
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,166
    I have Rapha, Colomba and Torm jerseys... if I have to rate them for sheer quality, I'd say

1) Colomba
    2) Rapha
    3) Torm

If I had to rate them by value for money

1) Colomba
    2) Torm
    3) Rapha

The fact that I rate Torm less than Rapha is mainly due to the design of the rear pockets, they are very tiny for my needs, the middle especially is very narrow. Both Rapha and Torm sportwool is inferior to Colomba's one, which is richer in wool and just feels nicer... of course the Colomba range is very limited compared to the others
    left the forum March 2023
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Agree with Ugo; the size and depth of the pockets aren't quite what they could be on the Torm jersey I have. To balance that comment, the base layers and arm warmers are brilliant in every respect.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    I have Rapha, Colomba and Torm jerseys... if I have to rate them for sheer quality, I'd say

1) Colomba
    2) Rapha
    3) Torm

If I had to rate them by value for money

1) Colomba
    2) Torm
    3) Rapha

The fact that I rate Torm less than Rapha is mainly due to the design of the rear pockets, they are very tiny for my needs, the middle especially is very narrow. Both Rapha and Torm sportwool is inferior to Colomba's one, which is richer in wool and just feels nicer... of course the Colomba range is very limited compared to the others

I hadn't heard of Colomba until your post so I had a look on line.

They sell 4 jerseys. 2 are out of stock and the particular page for those jerseys has had all the photos taken down so you cannot even see what they look like.

The 2 that are in stock are very poorly photographed and you cannot see the detailing or finishing particularly well.

One of the poorest websites I have seen for a long time. Pity because if their jerseys are as good as you suggest thay are not selling them at all well.