The Classifieds?

widge34
widge34 Posts: 900
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Anyone know why i cant post new ad in classifieds? I have no 'post new ad' button to click on.
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you done as it says?

in Red.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    Its not on my page Nick. It was there yesterday because I advertised my Stumpy frame. Do you think its because I have that advert on first page?
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Forum index.php
    In RED at the bottom under the classifieds banner.....
    If you are having issues posting new topics please go to your User Control Panel and go to user Groups and join Classifieds user .
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    widge34 wrote:
    Its not on my page Nick. It was there yesterday because I advertised my Stumpy frame. Do you think its because I have that advert on first page?
    there has been no changes in the time scale you mention.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I can access the Classifieds through the drop down box down there at the bottom of this page.

But on the 'board index' it's the red message as quoted upthread. And yes I've done what the red message says.

This appears to have been a change within the timescale mentioned, even if not a deliberate one. As in, I didn't have this issue this time yesterday.
  • nicklouse
    nothing has changed. clicked on it as you would on any other forum?
  • The Rookie
    Well since yesterday (when it was working) all the forums and posts have disapeared new forums there with no posts!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    Well since yesterday (when it was working) all the forums and posts have disapeared new forums there with no posts!
    nope looks just the same as it has since monday.
  • milko9000
    nicklouse wrote:

Clicked on what? Ah maybe I get you, if I then click on 'The Classifieds' I can get through to the subforums that way. They used to be linked on the main board index as well, when did that change? Because 'any other forum' I'd just do from the main page and then use the drop-down to go between them.
  • The Rookie
    nicklouse wrote:
    Not when I posted that it didn't, someone has been messing around
    BRclassifieds_zps12704318.jpg
    Yes I took a grab to prove it!

Back to normal now though!
  • nicklouse
    nope no changes.

you were just logged ot.

Like I said nothing has changed since Monday.
  • The Rookie
    I wasn't logged out I was posting on here just either side of taking that grab...I assure you something was playing up!
  • Tis fine for me...
  • 10 seconds ago..

Screenshot_2013-05-24-15-34-53_zps9a47601b.png
  • nicklouse
    I wasn't logged out I was posting on here just either side of taking that grab...I assure you something was playing up!
    and again there have been no changes.
  • milko9000
    all sounds a bit "stereotypical IT support response", this.

FRReZr3.png

I am logged in, I have completed the instructions in red, I can't see the classified forums in the board index view, which I don't think was the case yesterday but wouldn't swear to it - possibly just several days instead I suppose. I can access those forums by the dropdown or by clicking through the forum title though. Chome Mac Version 23.0.1271.97
  • nicklouse
    so open the classifieds.
  • milko9000
    Yeah sure, I was just wondering when it changed really. I can post though (well, the button's there at least) so I've not got whatever the OP's problem was.
  • nicklouse
    on Monday as I have been saying all the time.
  • The Rookie
    nicklouse wrote:
    and again there have been no changes.
    Maybe not, but something screwed it up!
  • milko9000
    nicklouse wrote:
    "computer says no"
    nicklouse wrote:
    there has been no changes in the time scale you mention.
    "computer says no"
    nicklouse wrote:
    ahh, some info! Sort of. Only took three responses but now there is a clue, if not an actual explanation.

I dunno man, I would've just said in the first place "On Monday we changed it so you have to agree to the rules as per those red instructions, which changes how the navigation works a little bit too. If you've done that and it's still not there, you're probably not logged in". I'm sure there was a post somewhere saying it was changing, but who reads that stuff? Anyway, that was way too serious for a Friday, I'm outta here.
  • nicklouse
    milko9000 wrote:
    ahh, some info! Sort of. Only took three responses but now there is a clue, if not an actual explanation.
    hah so you had not read the obvious red text that was staring you in the face? sorry I thought it was that obviously different you would have realised something had changed.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    LOL!

I swear to christ, I wonder how some people manage to get dressed on a morning.

Do you also need instructions as to how to leave your house, to prevent you jumping out of an upstairs window or something?