Are these Sportcrafters Rollers any good?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,572
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• daniel_b
    Seems like few people on here have one then!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I have them, decent quality and the resistance is plenty for use with my track bike, never tried them with my road bike but im sure they would be good for that too

Basically they are the same as the cycleops ones (which are easier to find reviews of) just a different colour and sticker
  • daniel_b
    I have them, decent quality and the resistance is plenty for use with my track bike, never tried them with my road bike but im sure they would be good for that too

Basically they are the same as the cycleops ones (which are easier to find reviews of) just a different colour and sticker

Thanks very much Omar, that I did not know, very useful info :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    They are great, well put together, much quiter than my previous tacx rollers.

The resistance goes from easy spinning to ripping your legs off just by using your gears, I got them to do specific workouts at ftp/vo2 max levels and they are perfect.

To put out 250w on the tacx needed top gear and a cadence of 120+, pretty useless.
  • Pete from SportCrafters here. www.sportcrafters.com We are the designer/manufacturer of all SportCrafters rollers and other training products. All products are made in-house from raw material until it's in the box. We offer a unique resistance mechanism currently exclusive only to SportCrafters rollers for now.. but soon to be available on a novel race warm-up trainer that is discussed further on the website. We also have a conventional stationary trainer on the way next year. We welcome your questions at any time, and look forward to serving you. --Pete