Halfords 14% off Boardman CX Bank Holiday

Ricky_M
Ricky_M Posts: 11
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I was just on point of investing and this deal has come up. I've been told I can also use the British Cycling 10% off voucher so all in all looking at £728 for a brand new bike against the £950 list price. Might be worth a punt.

Comments

• Good resale on Boardmans
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    How do you get the BC voucher? I am a member. Can you also use cash back for another 3% saving?
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Found the voucher link...wonder if you can order online (collect instore) to get cashback then use the voucher in store...worth a try!
  • Ricky_M
    Ricky_M Posts: 11
    YIMan wrote:
    Found the voucher link...wonder if you can order online (collect instore) to get cashback then use the voucher in store...worth a try!
    Ok, I took the plunge - sick of dithering TBH. £728 all up. Didn't consider the cash back route - worth a try is right. Try and get the most hassled / least savvy sales assistant and use that Geordie charm to full effect... 8)
  • I have had Quidco cashback cancelled a couple of times when doing reserve and collect plus the BC 10% voucher. I also tried the Quidco in-store credit card registration and that did not work with the BC voucher, but worked ok when I forgot the voucher another time.

However, you can get an extra good deal with a bit of effort. Many discount card schemes, eg countdown, NHS deals, the MoD card all allow you to buy Halfords give vouchers with an approximate 7% discount. Therefore you work out what you want, order the relevant amount of gift vouchers, they normally come quickly, order online with whatever discounts are going, go to the store with the BC voucher. So in this case you get 14% off the bike, then 10% off that, then a further 7% off, which is around another £50 in the case of the bike being discussed. I have done this in the past and had no trouble.
  • I7 Extreme
    I7 Extreme Posts: 228
    I recommend that you should buy some High5 energy which Halfords Aren't selling for £0.80, it's so gutting when you think you've found a bargain (or perhaps its only me who cant buy) - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_273929
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    YIMan wrote:

Am pretty sure they told me to order/pay online (full price) for store pick up, then the store would refund the original sale and re-sell it minus the BC voucher.
    I imagine the cash back would be cancelled when the original sale is refunded :(