Tenerife - Chaingangs?

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited May 2013 in Amateur race
Heading out to Tenerife with the family this weekend. Will get some time for training in but had hoped to get at least one fast group ride in as I've got a race next Sunday when I get back. Has anyone hooked up with a local group in the evening in the south of the island for a fast through and off training ride over there before?

Comments

• sunburntknees
    sunburntknees Posts: 272
    Was out there last year. Didn't see any chaingangs as such. Quite few club riders use the road north of Garachico as it's one of the few flatter roads on the Island - all the roads generally either go up or down! Tenerife is all about the climbs. There are plenty of those to give you a good work out without the need for a chaingang.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Was out there last year. Didn't see any chaingangs as such. Quite few club riders use the road north of Garachico as it's one of the few flatter roads on the Island - all the roads generally either go up or down! Tenerife is all about the climbs. There are plenty of those to give you a good work out without the need for a chaingang.

Cheers, will prob just stick to doing efforts on the climbs then.
  • gazrichards
    gazrichards Posts: 524
    Go to the shop in Los cristianos. I think it's called bicisport and its near the post office.
    It's run by an ex pro (Toni - used to ride for once) and I think there is regularly groups leaving from there.
    It's been a few years since I've been but hopefully things are unchanged.