How long to the longest day?

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
Only a few weeks, and it's still bloody winter 'round here. :evil:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    It's 8 degrees at present...... 8!!

And flipping raining. I've never known a colder day in may. And I've been out in it all day :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Scorching 7 degrees and chucking it down here in south Surrey. It reminds me of the Xmases of my youth in Bournemouth, although to be fair they were usually a couple of degrees warmer.

I blame the lack of atmospheric nuclear testing.
    Mangeur
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    I've still got my full winter gear on for my commute and could have done with an extra base layer this morning. 24th May? Really? :roll:

The cycling Gods are angry for some reason.....ahhhhhhh, it must be our friend Emma Way that's upset them.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I offer my genuine condolence on your predicament, anyone want a hug? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm actually considering braking out my winter longs for tomorrow mornings ride :(
    At least the sun is supposed to be out though.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    At least be consoled by the fact that it's crap all over France too, even down South. Even Spain and Italy have been cooler than usual.
    Spent 400 Euros on heating in May, which is kind of annoying....and each ride in a short sleeve top is a bit of a gamble.....
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    400euros for a months heating?! Are you heating a castle or have a boiler that runs on unicorn p1ss? It is a tad frustrating though, at the start of the week I never imagined I'd be checking if all my autumn/winter kit was washed and ready for a bank holiday weekend with the longest day of the year just 4 weeks away. Having said that the forecast has now changed a little and Sunday and Monday now look reasonable...let's hope it's a turning point!
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Are you heating a castle

Yes!