Upgrade jockey wheels

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all

Just servicing my bike and looks like i could do with replacing the jockey wheels on my Campag Chorus 11spd rear mech. Has anyone upgraded and has recommendations for upgrade parts, rather than direct replacements??

Cheers
Paul

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    For me this begs the question of what could you possibly gain by putting on any other jockey wheels other than Campy? They are good jockey wheels made to specifically fit your rear D by a major component company with a very well entrenced reputation for quality. :?
  • Wirral_paul
    This is why i asked if anyone has upgraded and has a recommendation - before i go and buy Campag parts. I have Chorus 11spd, but am currently looking at the Super Record jockey wheels as a possible upgrade as they have proper bearings rather than a bushing. Its the bushings on mine that are looking worse for wear now.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Replaced the ones on my Record rear mech last month with some blingy red ceramic Token jobs from a PBK deal. Look good and run well. They also came in cheaper than replacing them with Campag ones.
  • Wirral_paul
    Not in stock just yet but mine are going back in for another couple of hundred miles this weekend now anyway. Its very tempting....

http://www.customisedbikes.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1141&referrer=google

Bike24 have them in stock also - within a £1 on price by the time delivery is added. I can only see the 10spd Token ones on PBK - did you get the 11T ones for the 11spd mech??
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Replaced the ones on my Record rear mech last month with some blingy red ceramic Token jobs from a PBK deal. Look good and run well. They also came in cheaper than replacing them with Campag ones.

Wot he said ^
  • Wirral_paul
    Well that was a surprise.... just figured out why the shifting was becoming vague. I've somehow cracked the derailleur hanger!!

A new one is being sent out (free of charge) by the very nice chap i spoke to earlier at Eurobike as my nearest dealer is 25 miles away - so a huge thumbs up and thanks to them!! Top marks for customer service Eurobike. :):)