Bike gloves

Scott_0001
Scott_0001 Posts: 32
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I bought bike gloves from eBay for £4 and they are that terrible i had to bin them after 1 ride.

What gloves do you lot use?

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    For me Pearl Izumi gloves are as good as it gets. Very well made and as durable as something like that can be.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I have had a pair of Rapha leather gloves for 7 years now and they are still going strong despite much heavy use. I expect to get a few more years use, too. Yes, they are expensive but I have had to buy only this one pair of gloves since 2006. They look nice, wear well, and dampen the road buzz wonderfully. If I factor in all the use, against the initial cost, they come out a real bargain.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Giro leather gloves for me.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Specialized works for me - I get the feeling you may well get as many gloves as responders here. Get thee to a bike shop and try some on!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited May 2013
    Can I claim Giro :D

Guessing you mean short finger summer gloves?
    Just get some half decent ones in a sale from a proper bike shop or bike site and see how you get on.

Winter gloves are not so easy IMO and I ended up getting some Assos early winter ones and Assos liner Gloves. Both are very nice but I would highly recommend the liner ones as they are good to wear on their own, or under fingerless ones and well worth the price :)
  • gryfon23
    gryfon23 Posts: 64
    I have some Sportful gloves for some time. They have worn very well.