7Stanes - First timer

neil_uk
neil_uk Posts: 289
edited May 2013 in Holidays
I'm fancying a couple of days in Scotland and cycling the red routes in Mobie and Dalbeattie... Anyone here ridden these?

I'm not sure if they might be a little too tricky for my lame-ass riding lol. My difficulty level pretty much maxes out at around Dalby red, and Hamsterley black - Can anyone tell me how these two 7stanes trails compare with regards to technical ability? oh, and northshore makes me dizzy lol

I'm thinking of going early July, mid week

cheers people
Neil

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    It's a while since I last went but I don't remember Mabie being particularly difficult and generally Dalbeattie isn't difficult either, the difficult stuff (the slab, some high skinnies) is all optional.

They're both really nice trails. I'm not sure how much time you have but they're not that long, you might struggle to make a day of it at each unless you don't mind doing a few laps. They're not far from each other either - I expect there's a way to link the two and ride them both in an all day ride.

Ae and Kirroughtree aren't too far away either if you don't mind the driving to get there.
  • neil_uk
    neil_uk Posts: 289
    Cheers for the info mate!

We were thinking that we could do the red first late morning, then chill out for a bit and have a mooch around the area, then back on the bikes again for a leisurely ride around the blue on the early evening, before stuffing our faces and a couple of bevvies and make a day of it in each place that way.