Canyon Roadlite 6.0 SL

lm_trek
lm_trek Posts: 1,470
edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
Took delivery last tuesday, weight is unbelievable just can't understand how its so light for an alu bike??

SRAM Apex groupset, first experence of SRAM all my mtb kit is Shimano and my Hybrid was shimano so first time, so far impressed shifting is clear and crisp, braking sharp, wheels are mavic and do a good job. I only have one snag just really unsure if its the right size. Reach is right, standover is spot on, bike feels small, certainly its smaller than my mtb thats 17.5 and the roadie is 50cm. Carbon fibre forks are so much better than the alu from the hybrid. Overall im impressed really like the bike, and blimey its fast but that could be my perception.

Edit, forgot to say ive replaced the saddle, the selle italian one was like sitting on a rock, replaced it with a speshi BG one, feels much more comfy. Fitted a leyzme saddle bag, pump and bottle/cage. Still running mtb pedals just got to love candys.

8753176109_d30a774d09.jpg

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Comments

• Dizeee
    Dizeee Posts: 337
    Lovely, but, it does look really small, what size is it and did you use canyons calculator?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    That's sweet. I've got one of their Alu frames in a 64cm and with an Ultegra build , Ksyrium elites and a Ritchey alloy finishing kit tops out at 8.1kg. I don't think it would be too difficult to go sub 8kg which on a big metal frame is fairly impressive.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • lm_trek
    Mine comes in at 8.5kg, stupidly light!

Yep i used the calculator, came in at xs frame, they prettymuch nailed my OH mtb and they have put a shorter 80mm stem on mine. Im guessing its right for my height etc as im a shorty at 5ft4 ish 29" inside leg etc, so it could be right. Plus its my first proper road bike, if after a few months it still feels short i might order a bigger frame i can't fault the bike in anyway, already tempted to get a carbon frameset and just transfer the parts if i need a bigger bike.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's not stupidly light for a road bike. 6KG is stupidly light - 8.5 is about right for that spec and frame size.

You need to take that dork disk off though!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • lm_trek
    Compared to my MTB and previous Hybrid it feels stupidly light, and yep the disc came off when i got home could hear it in the wind today.