Leek Local knowledge needed

laurentian
laurentian Posts: 2,372
edited May 2013 in The bottom bracket
Next weekend (24/25/26 May) I find myself in the arguably enviable position of being in Staffordshire (or it may even be Derbyshire. We'll be based close to Bottomhouse and Onecote.

We need to find the nearest pub that has ESPN and that will be showing the Premiership Rugby final (Leicester vs Northampton) on Saturday afternoon.

Any help appreciated.

Ta
Wilier Izoard XP

Comments

• pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    No idea but here's a plan - Friday evening research. :D
  • laurentian
    pdstsp wrote:
    No idea but here's a plan - Friday evening research. :D

. . . was already pencilled in!!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ah Leek!
    The gene pool in the Staffordshire Moorlands is even more shallow than Norfolk! :wink:
  • pdsalmon
    pdsalmon Posts: 55
    The Engine Room, on the Marketplace.

The Red Lion, also on the Marketplace.

That's where I would head if looking for sport on TV - plenty of screens showing sports.
  • laurentian
    pdsalmon wrote:
    The Engine Room, on the Marketplace.

The Red Lion, also on the Marketplace.

That's where I would head if looking for sport on TV - plenty of screens showing sports.

Thanks pds, are they in Leek itself?
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Yes, right in the middle @ ST13 5HH. Good luck!
  • laurentian
    Thanks
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    laurentian wrote:
    Next weekend (24/25/26 May) I find myself in the arguably enviable position of being in Staffordshire (or it may even be Derbyshire. We'll be based close to Bottomhouse and Onecote.

We need to find the nearest pub that has ESPN and that will be showing the Premiership Rugby final (Leicester vs Northampton) on Saturday afternoon.

Any help appreciated.

Ta

prounced 'Un - cutt' I reckon...
    Leek is just Leek you can't go wrong.
  • n1ckster
    n1ckster Posts: 158
    There is a decent Belgian bar in the town centre call Den Engels. Don't think they have TV's but the beers are good!!

Nick
  • skinnypunter
    skinnypunter Posts: 144
    n1ckster wrote:
    There is a decent Belgian bar in the town centre call Den Engels. Don't think they have TV's but the beers are good!!

Wrong - the beers are feckin' lethal! You had the Trappist stuff they sell? - I don't think trappist monks have sworn a vow of silence, they're just pissed.