pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
edited April 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Dartmoor hornet 2013 16"

image_zpscdd997cf.jpg

image_zps6cc5c88f.jpg

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Sektors are reasonably priced and would suit?
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    It's a lovely looking frame, what kind of build are you going for?
  • pesky_jones
    edited August 2013
    FRAME: Dartmoor hornet frame

FORK: Rockshox Revelation RLT dual position

WHEELSET: mavic ex721 on switch hubs

HEADSET: Dartmoor blaze

STEM: Raceface atlas 50mm

HANDLEBAR: Raceface atlas 0.5" rise

FRONT BRAKE: deore

REAR BRAKE: Deore

REAR DERAILLEUR SYSTEM: zee shadow +

GRIPS: lizard skins charge

TYRES & INNERS: hans dampf 2.35 front + back

BOTTOM BRACKET: ZEE bottom bracket

CHAINGUIDE: superstar plasma

SEATPOST: Thomson Elite 410mm inline

SADDLE:

SEAT CLAMP: System-Ex

CRANKS: Zee 175mm

CHAINRING: ZEE Single ring

PEDALS:shimano saint

CHAIN: kmc

CASSETTE: deore
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Wouldn't bother buying fox if I were you, unless you pay top dollar for their FIT cartridge, there not worth it. A decent rockshox fork (sektor, revelation etc.) will perform better
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • pesky_jones
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Wouldn't bother buying fox if I were you, unless you pay top dollar for their FIT cartridge, there not worth it. A decent rockshox fork (sektor, revelation etc.) will perform better

Cheers I thought this might be the case. Like I said I cant find 1.5" tapered 150mm Sektors, I've seen some revelations that might suit
  • Here's mine with my current fox 32 float rlc fit 150mm. I just ordered a brand new revelation fork in black. This is my second hornet frame and I think 150mm is ideal travel for this frame. Another fork to consider would be a 2013 marzocchi 44 micro switch. Excellent I hear.
    p4pb9588010.jpg
  • pesky_jones
    They thought they had the 2012 frame in stock, but they don't. I'm getting a 2013 like yours now. In black aswell. Could you link me to the revelations you've ordered?
  • pesky_jones
    I take it yours is the 14"
  • Unfortunately I scored my fork on eBay for cheap. I've been looking for a deal on one for a few months and finally found one. Yes my frame is a 14inch. Are you ordering from 26bikes.com?
  • pesky_jones
    Nope slam69. Oh ok. I've been keeping my eye out as well, no luck yet. Watch this space I'm sure something will happen sooner or later
  • Check with 26bikes. They might have the year size and color you want. I had a excellent service with them.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Dunno what those wheels are, but they look great.
  • pesky_jones
    Dropped them an email. Cheers.
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    Dunno what those wheels are, but they look great.

Crank Brother Cobolt's! Very nice looking they are!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I like 'em.
  • pesky_jones
    ilovedirt wrote:

These forks do have fit, there 450 but that's with a sale on from 800 so it seems like quite a good deal. I am tempted to be honest as the frame was cheap considering
  • warren30
    warren30 Posts: 71
    hi pesky will you be posting your full build up,tempted to get this frame as im 15yr old,its
    in my budget looks great frame for money and can upgrade when have more cash.like
    you looking at forks at min just want something suitable for bit dh jumping etc.
    good luck with project
    macauly
  • pesky_jones
    Have now got everything just waiting for it to be delivered then ill build it up and take some flics
  • pesky_jones
    Had its first ride today, faster smoother and just generally better than the full suss in so many ways. Reckon the patriots going to be sold pretty soon.

hornet_zpsf5c69009.jpg

image_zpse81bb9aa.jpg
  • pesky_jones
    Absolutly loving the bike, whipping jumps and clearing gaps that were never possible on the full susss. Godam I love this bike

Here's a flic with my mates 2012 hornet. Killer bees!
    dc0b9c74-f9df-4bd4-ad29-eca3a776114e_zps0b348811.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality
  • *AJ*
    Nice bike!!! I looked into one of these, apparently the world has sold out of Hornets though :(
  • pesky_jones
    Thanks man. Yeah, they'd sold out before they'd even receieved their next shipment at slam69 when I got mine. Everyone seems to want one now, I now know why.
  • *AJ*
    Yeah I spoke to slam69, I was thinking because I wanted an 18" I'd be ok... But no! All sold out! Shame really! New ones are due in a few months though!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    That looks really nice in all black. Looks like it would be pretty nimble too. Very nice!
  • Another flick. There's been a clicking for a while and I thought that I had it sussed with the spokes not being tensioned properley, seeing as the clicking comes from when I'm standing up and putting the drive train under tension. I got mechanic to tension them up.and the clicking stopped for about a day, but now it's back. It seems to happen once a pedal rotation when the LH crank is at the bottom of it's rotation. If its just a slightly off spoke I'm.not fussed but I dont know if it isIMAG0055_1_zpse637ac82.jpg
  • That is a damn good looking bike.
  • Thankyou I think so too. Damn good bike in general.
  • pesky_jones
    New grips

IMAG0136_zps4c1383d5.jpg
  • roxx
    roxx Posts: 3
    Very nice bike, have a blue frame at home waiting to be built...

What is the weight of yours?

Regards, rok