My first car-caused off (photo not for squeemish)

2»

Comments

• jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    :D cheers fellas - i think baggy shorts would've been more welcome in that case. But i can confirm, my testicles are in good nick. :shock:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I've been in a similar situation where the driver left the scene. It's extremely frustrating and I really feel for you. It took weeks for my head to move on from it. I knew the colour and make of car but not the reg so the police did f all. I'm still wary of blue discoverys in that area.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy new frame shopping
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Thanks Pete. I'm frustrated but, with the Etape Caledonia this weekend, am trying to focus on healing enough to get on a bike (wont be a problem) and sourcing a bike (think I may have an option!).
  • nweststeyn
    Feeling better today, got a bike sorted (older Trek Madone courtesy of Chris vdK) and we're on for the Etape Caledonia. Gonna just pootle along though and enjoy the ride, rather than hammer it.
  • Hollow-legs
    Hollow-legs Posts: 142
    Thats terrible ,really terrible,I would contact the local newspaper and get it into your local publics awareness,let every one know how lucky you were or were not?
    Might educate and shock people into taking more care when overtaking us cyclists...

My best wishes are with you.
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    Sorrry to hear of your woes - hope you get hold of the fecker and give him some 'correctional instruction' :wink:

I'm also riding the Etape and was about to offer you use of a (white) CAAD9 when I saw you've managed to get hold of a replacement steed. Would probably have been to0 small mind, as I'm a bit of a short @rse and it's a 54 frame.

Anyhoo, good luck on Sunday and enjoy the ride!
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • nweststeyn
    Thanks mate, that is incredibly kind of you! Hope you have a good ride on Sunday, if you are starting later than 6:44 then you will probably sail past me at some point :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,436
    Sorry ...

I mentioned that to Nico yesterday too and asked him if it was a new black Golf. There's one particular guy who drives like a lunatic on that road and I've had a couple of encounters with him. Actually thinking about it there are two idiots in the area - a guy who drives a champagne Lexus who definitely has an issue with cyclists.

Funny how you get to know individual drivers in your area. I have a gripe with a tw4t in a SAAB on a particular route. Takes pleasure in being an 4rse when he is coming towards me. Another one is in a black boyed up Skyline.

Anyway nweststeyn - think of the BR street cred you've earnt youself. :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nweststeyn
    nathancom wrote:
    At least you can go bike shopping at some point - what about a Shand for something less plastic and more Scottish.

Exactly, nathancom. Exactly.

8) :D
  • d87francis
    d87francis Posts: 136
    Hope you're not too sore.

Might be worth seeing if there are any cctv camera's up the road from where it happened that the car would have passed and let the police know if there are.
  • nweststeyn
    The police actually asked if I could think of anywhere there may be CCTV and they would go out and have a look for anything that might help aswell...

Unfortunately, it was in a rural area with no cameras anywhere nearby. A lot of roads meet at the end of the road I was hit on aswell so it's hard to figure out which direction they would have come from.

Rode the Etape Caledonia today and made it round on a loan-bike... it hurt a fair bit but I got there!
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Well done on completeing the Etape. Good bit of determination - well done

-Spider-