The Crudders 2013 Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    There is a Senna documentary from 1995 on the BBC website (UK only), 19 years since his death yesterday. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22367011
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Oh Marone wrote:
    There is a Senna documentary from 1995 on the BBC website (UK only), 19 years since his death yesterday. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22367011
    watched it, Excellent, Cheers
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    Re, perez / button ,
    prevously perez was told to get nasty,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... nasty.html

so he did.
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Gotta Say Hamilton Got Me Back Into Watching F1 After A Miss Of About 3 Years, He's A Marmite Type Person But Ignore His Outside Work Celeb Stuff He Is Like Mansell Was A Proper Racer.
    Strange Thing Is Mansell Hates Him lol
    In His McLaren Days Watch The Interviews For Ham And Button And Everytime Win Or Lose Ham Nearly Always Thanks Team First And Then Nearly Always Mentions His Team Mate Button.
    Been Good The Last Few Years But Hate Wasting My Sundays :}
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Someone take his shift key away from him ^^
  • TheNorthernTrain
    TheNorthernTrain Posts: 1,049
    VTech wrote:
    BTW;

Ive read a lot of whats been written on this forum about F1 and have to say that the comments are better and many times more factual than many dedicated F1 forums ive read threads on.

Something's gone wrong here... Factual comments in the crudcatcher, posts that make sense? We need to be trying harder.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • VWsurfbum
    Possibly the most boring race in recent years.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bennett_346
    Yeah, i was gonna say that. I'm just happy that Vettel missed out on podium.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Possibly the most boring race in recent years.
    This.
    I'm just happy that Vettel missed out on podium.
    And this.

Kind of glad Alonso and Kimi picked up some decent points, nice to see Massa make the podium too, them Ferraris got a blinding start :shock:
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    True. I enjoyed it because Kimi had a good result. lol. Vettels lead is reduced to 4 points. Come on Kimi!!!

And Mercedes are absolutely shit in the race...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Christ that was a snore bore

Bright side the kids shoes are now clean as I was that bored I polished every pair of shoes I could find
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Utter turd. They need to sort it so people are racing cars, not who is best to/on tyres.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Pirelli said they are making the compounds more durable after Silverstone. But then again i would like to keep the compounds as they are because Vettel and Redbull seem to be struggling. Id hang myself if Vettel wins the championship again.
  • bennett_346
    IMO ditch the tyre crap, make it so they all get the same, single compound which lasts the whole race, and bring back refuelling.

Seriously, the tyre stuff is dull as fark.
  • Agreed!

Bring back turbos.
    Introduce refuelling.
    1 Tyre compound for a season, tyre changes in the pit if it wears out.
    Get rid of the DRS, it is the dullest way to introduce overtaking.
    Get rid of team orders.
    Get rid of Suzi Peri (sorry, she is just sh*t).
    Automatic disqualification from the season for any driver that cries, winges or moans because another driver was creative and overtook/defended in an unusually enthusiastic (for F1) way - Button and Hamilton would't last 5 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love F1. But it could be so much better.
  • bennett_346
    I prefer Skys coverage with Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert if i'm honest. DC is a good commentator though.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Don't mind the DRS, the aero situation is such that it's almost necessary to provide overtakes and the KERS gives you a way of combating it, so that aspect of things is fine IMO. The tyre situation is absurd though -a 3 stop strategy is something you should only be seeing a couple of times a years, this four stopping is complete BS and the need to be so easy on the tyres kills the racing as well.

Alonso looking good for the title now I reckon- he's in a class apart from everyone else at the moment. I'm not his greatest fan, but there's no denying his talents.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Was a super boring "race" ....Hamiltons radio message summed it up, something like "look after your tyres" "I can't go any slower"
  • VWsurfbum
    Was a super boring "race" ....Hamiltons radio message summed it up, something like "look after your tyres" "I can't go any slower"
    My favourite was "I just got passed by a Williams!"
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Get rid of Suzi Peri (sorry, she is just sh*t) . . . . . . . I Agree

Jake, DC and Bumbling EJ were great as EJ didn't give a fark what he said :D

They should have given Lee McKenzie a chance she has a brain and doesn't sound like she sucking a sweet :mrgreen:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    SuziPerry2.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gt-arrowhead
    That dont suit her.

And i prefer BBC Coverage. You cant beat DC. He is the best commentator IMO.
  • bennett_346
    Yeah DC seems to of taken to that job very well.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    Mercedes should be good a causing a blockade around monaco.
  • bennett_346
    Nah, the way it is looking now they will be on a 7 stop strategy for Monaco's corners...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    McLarenHonda for 2015.

new tyres from Pirelli next month.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    Well i've given up on F1. What a boring sport it has become.

I'm out.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Aye complete farce today, take the accidents out and it was utter shite. Tyres are ruining the sport. They've just gone too far. I thought the aim of the tyres was to increase overtaking not make them so shit nobody dare push like they used to. Best season in recent memory was 2010, in which most races were one stop and they pushed like hell the whole race, 5 guys in contention for the title right til the end, really good. Introducing refuelling won't happen, it goes against the whole new ethos of how f1 can relate to road cars, without which, there would be no f1 as no one would be interested. Part of the reason Honda have come back in is because of this and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Two things need changing as far as I'm concerned, make the tyres more durable so they can actually use the cars performance and get rid of the stupid rule allowing tyres to be changed under red flags, whose fucking stupid idea was that?! I've written off this season tbh, hoping it brightens up by the time I head to silverstone!! It better bloody had!!
  • bennett_346
    I wont be watching anymore. The whole thing seems so artificial now. An overtake is not really an overtake.

On what planet does it make sense that the car behind is automatically allowed to pass the car in front if they're within 1 second of them? DRS i'm referring to ofcourse. And you're only allowed to block an overtaking car once.

I'm sorry guys, but that isn't "racing" is it. The tyres suck granted but there are far more issues than just that.

Watch the motogp and those boys just go for it, no tyre or fuel stops and far more interesting events during the race. No team orders, no radio, no "go slower, you need to stop the jelly tyres from falling off the wheels".