10th Anniversary Colne Valley MTB Challenge 2013

Luddite
Luddite Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in XC and Enduro
Entries are are now being encouraged for the 10th anniversary annual Colne Valley Mountain Bike Challenge, taking place this year on Sunday 12th May 2013 at 9.00am.

And because it's our 10th Anniversary we're planning to have a bit more going on at the finish and one or two things to make the day even more memorable!!

The course is a challenging one (as you'd expect) and consists of approx. 30 miles of local paths, tracks, bridleways and lanes around the picturesque Colne Valley area of Huddersfield - regularly featured on TV as settings for Last Of The Summer Wine and Where The Heart Is.

The cost of entry is £15 pre-booked (entry forms available at http://www.cvmbc.co.uk) and £20 on the day - although we do encourage pre-booking as it greatly assists the organisation of the event.

All participants will receive a free commemorative T-Shirt and certificate upon completion. The course will be fully marshalled throughout and will have 4 refreshment stops at designated points. There will also be a back-up vehicle available for anyone who wishes to (or is forced to!!) retire early.

Bacon Butties will be on sale beforehand at a nominal £1.00 each, but apart from these EVERYTHING ELSE refreshment wise (soup, bread, bananas, flap-jack, biscuits, coffee, tea etc etc) is FREE. Yes FREE. There is also a brilliant little pub - The Walkers Arms - situated on site, so those that wish to can partake of a pint (or two) if so desired.

So, to sum it up - it's a 30 mile challenging MTB ride, fully marshalled, fully 'catered' and absolutely FANTASTIC VALUE, with a pub on site to finish the day off as well. You won't find a better day out in this area on the 12th May. Come and give it a go - you've nothing to lose and we're absolutely certain that you'll be well looked after and have a great time.

If you've entered before, then the chances are you'll receive an entry form in the post in the very near future as I've spent most of the afternoon franking and posting over 1300 of them!

Comments

• Luddite
    Keep those entries coming folks. It'll deffo be a day to remember!!
  • Number18
    Number18 Posts: 9
    How many people do you expect to be participating?

I won't be able to enter unless I lose a football semi-final on 5th May as the date for the final hasn't been announced! Assuming we lose (!), when is the cut-off for advanced entries please and do you expect to still be able to allow 'on-the-day' entries?

Cheers
  • Luddite
    Hi, we're expecting a field of around 300 - more would be better!

There is no 'cut-off' as such - as long as I receive the entry form and payment before the Sunday then that's fine. Folk often just turn up and knock on the door with their form.

There will be no problem at all with on the day entry - we NEVER turn ANYONE away.

Thanks for the enquiry and we hope you can make it.
  • Luddite
    Don't forget that a Sports Massage is available to book for before and after the event on Sunday. Only £5.00 for a ten minute leg rub :D

Either email info@penninephysio.co.uk or phone 01484 843455 to book your slot. Bookings can also be made on the day, but there could well be a queue.
  • Luddite
    Still just enough time left to pre-enter. Get your forms in the post and make sure to include your mobile number so I can text you your entry number. Pre-entering really does help us in our organisation of the event and also speeds up your sign-on on the day.
  • Luddite
    FREE GOODY BAG for the first 300 riders to register!!

This year's goody bag will contain a selection of products from Wild Trail. Sports nutrition and all the health benefits of wholegrain and popped corn in a tasty bar. Wild Trail are intending to be on site with bargains to be had, so don't forget your wallets!! :D

Also, don't forget to mail info@penninephysio.co.uk to book a slot for your pre/post event massage at only £5.00 a go. Bookings can also be made on the day too.
  • Luddite
    There'll also be an opportunity to buy Finesse Products on the day too.
    Multi Clean (bike wash), Multi Lube, Grease Buster (degreaser) and Stop! (disc brake cleaner) will all be available at a discounted rate. All products are already available through your LBS, but here's a chance to top-up your shed, or try something new for the first time.

If you fancy coming along but haven't yet sent off your form then just turn up on the morning. WE NEVER TURN ANYONE AWAY. If you're there, you're riding!
  • Luddite
    Bacon butties STILL ONLY £1.00ea!!
    It'd be rude not to at these prices!!
    Come on - the more the merrier. Don't forget, if you turn up, you're in!!
  • Luddite
    If you're planning to enter on the day, please print off an entry form from the website HERE fill it in in full beforehand and bring the correct cash (£20.00) or pre-written cheque with you - it really will save a lot of time.

Parking is all on road, so please please please arrive early to avoid any unnecessary stress.

Hope you all have a safe journey and enjoy the event. :D
  • Number18
    Thanks for the info. I'm entered, got my number by text the other night.

We won the semi-final but the final isn't until next week!

I ought to go to bed, 9 1/2 hours 'til the Challenge starts!
  • Number18
    3hrs 21mins, happy with that for my first attempt at something like this, a bit different from trail centres that's for sure!
  • Luddite
    Because it was our 10th Anniversary this year I asked local lad Dave Longbottom, a keen, young photographer who loves filming mtb, to come along and make a short film to document the day for us.

Here's the result:

CVMBC 2013