Canyon Roadlite 6.0

kamil1891
kamil1891 Posts: 658
edited May 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi all,

I have never seen on this website such a bike, even in different colours, so I thought I'm going to present my new pride and joy. This is a 6.0, team-yellow, XL/58cm version of the Canyon Roadlite series and it's my new training/winter bike... I know, it doesn't look like this :D

Although, I've seen so many negative comments about the Canyon, I went for it and I have to say the bike is outstanding. It's a long way above all expectations!

I've managed to do a few test rides already. Today, it's been put into the biggest test with a 110km ride including 70km chaingang, which turned out to be more of a tempo club ride due to bad conditions and ice. I would never think that an aluminium bike can be so comfortable and so responsive taking into account that seatpost and bars are alu too :D It's so stiff and it has a feeling of much lighter bike. Everything it does, it does great - climbing, sprinting, out of saddle efforts and what's more important - looks :) For the price, I don't think there is any better bike in the market. The only downside is, that is has been suplied with a pretty short stem (11cm for a 58 size), that needs replacing :)

I'm also suprised about the Canyon's customer service. The bike arrived in less than 3 days from Germany and the box included everything..torque wrench, pump, lights, and the box itself can be reused again for travelling :)

The list of components is following:
Frame: Canyon New F6 Technology XL/58cm Aluminium
Fork: One One Eight Carbon

Groupset: Full Shimano 105 with compact crankset 50/34 and 11-25 rear sprocket
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS evo curve
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-axis
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS 1-bolt

Wheels: Mavic Aksium Race
Tyres: Continental GP4000's 25mm

Pedals: Shimano 105
Bottle Cages: Elite something, that are meant to look like carbon :P

Weight: 8.5kg complete with pedals, garmin and bottle cages.

And here are some pictures:

25i6drm.jpg

119uvtl.jpg

2ytp454.jpg

24lj285.jpg

I think that these red bits, with red bottles actually look good on that bike, so I thought I would share (I know, I break the rules though :lol: )

Thanks for looking,
Enjoy :)

edit: looks like images don't work properly. So for now, you can see them here:

http://imageshack.us/g/703/111li.jpg/

edit2: pictures sorted

Comments

• snowley
    snowley Posts: 149
    Glad to hear you enjoy your new bike. Looks more than perfect for the winter rides and it's pretty light too!
  • statusak
    statusak Posts: 1
    Very nice bike, how tall are you? thanks
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Looks really good, I'd go with black and white bottles though :wink:
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    I see that someone have mined this up :D Since then, I've made few changes. Bike fit meant that the saddle setback is to the maximum of the saddle rails and I also use 14cm stem. I have also changed the bartape to black as the white one got very dirty from riding in bad weather. Usually I'm also using different wheels Eastons EA90 sl's or powertaps. Currently, I've got some white/black bottles but the ones at the time of posting came of my other bike (BMC as you can see.... @edited, actually you cannot see it :D )

PS. I'm 190cm tall :)

Thanks for comments!
  • Andy Cope
    Andy Cope Posts: 9
    I've been looking at the Roadlite. How has it been a year on? The bike still seems a good price for someone wanting to start riding. I have also been looking at the Sensa Romagna 2013. I'm 6ft, with a 33inch inside leg. Do you think a 58 frame would be ok. Any comments, much appreciated.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Very nice... :D
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Andy Cope wrote:
    I've been looking at the Roadlite. How has it been a year on? The bike still seems a good price for someone wanting to start riding. I have also been looking at the Sensa Romagna 2013. I'm 6ft, with a 33inch inside leg. Do you think a 58 frame would be ok. Any comments, much appreciated.

I have just bought one of these and had a similar conundrum regarding size. Could of gone for a 58 or a 60 as I am 6ft 2". I went for the 58 and I am pleased I did fits great with plenty of room either side. You could probably do a 56 with a longer stem but a 58 should work as well.