Sore Painfull Lumps

LordEddie
LordEddie Posts: 4
Hi guys... i've been riding Mtb's for years and never had this particular painful problem before

I've started getting what i can only describe as very painful sore red lumps in the crease between bottom of my bum cheek and upper leg, they are not spots never get a head, and can take around 3-5 days to go in which time sitting back on the bike is just pretty unbearable

Its not just one or two its loads and i have no idea what's caused me to get them

This latest batch was after a hard 18 miler

Any ideas? suggestions .. helpfull ones appreciated

Comments

• Jolly Swagman
    Jolly Swagman Posts: 100
    Prickly heat ? Allergy to new detergent or something ? New kit rubbing ? Cellulitis ? Necrotizing fasciitis ?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Saddle sores. Chamois cream. Wash shorts more, new shorts, check saddle, get out of your shorts as soon after a ride as possible.
  • LordEddie
    Think saddle sores is the chap... cant wash shorts any more than i already do ... they are washed after each ride... also this is a new pair i'm wearing, dont think they are rubbing but i'll vass up next ride just in case.... i don't de kit right away tend to get home wash bike down first then hit showers ... have found out today that the mrs has changed the conditioner she uses in wash ..... so next time i wash them i'll make sure that it doesn't get used

But i have to say after nearly 35 years on bikes this has to be one of the most painfull things to happen and i've broken plenty of bones as well
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Go back to your old shorts, see if that fixes it.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Could it be tinea cruris? I get this, a fungal infection in this region.
  • LordEddie
    OMG do not do a search for tinea cruris and click images i think i'm scarred for life :shock: I've had crotch rot before this is defo different almost cyst like in their feel, they have all gone now taken 5 days used a bit of sudcream on for first few days seemed to help

Big ride at weekend so i will defo lash on the cream before i ride, thanks for all suggestions chaps