Reccomend me a saddle bag

Nickoo
Nickoo Posts: 85
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
looking for a small-medium saddle bag to fit essentials in, any ideas?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Topeak aero wedge bag, size small. Just get my leyzene pump in it and everything else I need - spare tube, levers, CO2, money, keys, patch repair kit, multi tool.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    drlodge wrote:
    Topeak aero wedge bag, size small. Just get my leyzene pump in it and everything else I need - spare tube, levers, CO2, money, keys, patch repair kit, multi tool.
    +1
    I was worried when I bought it because I also went with a small but you would be surprised what you can fit in it.
    I fit 2 spare tube, levers, multi tool, repair kit, tie wraps, Tyre boot, 2 spare batteries, disposable gloves and money
    Its has a clip on for your rear light as well.
  • sunburntknees
    sunburntknees Posts: 272
    Maybe look at the 3000+ other threads on this subject???
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/sb-04l-basic ... 41954.html
    Little Btwin £7 bag from Decathlon, fits neatly under the saddle, unobtrusive, cheap and holds the essentials. Remember the bigger the bag, the more stuff you fill it with.
  • Nickoo
    Nickoo Posts: 85
    cheers for the replies, apart from sunburntknees who is obviously a bore
  • Octopus1
    Octopus1 Posts: 56
    Topeak will eventually ruin your bibs, the velco around the seatpost will cause fraying. I've had them in the past but now don't use them as they were wearing a hole in all my bibs/shorts.

I have a lezyne Micro Caddy Medium on the winter bike and a Caddy Sack for the summer bike. Commuter has full panniers so kit goes in there.

Still not sure about having Co2 cartridges in the Caddy Sack :( in case i have a crash.
  • drlodge
    Octopus1 wrote:
    Topeak will eventually ruin your bibs, the velco around the seatpost will cause fraying.

How does that happen? My bibs are no where nar the seat post - which is *under* the saddle.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Octopus1
    Octopus1 Posts: 56
    The velco on the seatpost will eventually rub against bibs/shorts. I've had it happen on two different bikes and don't want to ruin an expensive set of bibs. No exactly sure how it rubs as my legs look clear of the seatpost but identical place on seperate shorts and only common denominator is the velco wrap.
  • drlodge
    Ah, I think I might know...my legs can softly hit the front of the saddle bag if the bag isn't exactly central, I think at the bottom of the pedal stroke. That part of the bag is near the velcro loop. Now I've cut the velcro so it folds back wthout any excess and so not had your problem.
    Find me on Strava
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    arundel
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Aldi,£4.99 with a free multi-tool.Bargain and does all you want,
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    I have the Arundel Uno. Fits one tube 2 * levers & a mini multi tool. Hardly noticeable. Otherwise the duo is a bit bigger.