thruxton

Marcryan206
Marcryan206 Posts: 116
edited May 2013 in Amateur race
good morning guys,

this maybe a silly question but im going to thruxton next tuesday to do a 3/4cat race and was wondering is it actually the track we race on or is it a seperate track?

thanks
marc

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Check out this thread should tell you everything you need to know viewtopic.php?f=40041&t=12842398
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Marcryan206
    many thanks for that.

loos like a good little circuit.
  • Note that the start/finish is in the bottom left of that picture and the final straight is pretty narrow. If it's a sprint, you ideally need to be in the first 3 going through the final uphill chicane. I raced there once last year, was 4th going through the chicane, but had no way of getting out and rolled over the line 6th. It's a good circuit and at least at 3/4 level it had more of a slow/fast "race" feel to it than the standard procession-then-sprint of many circuit races.
  • Marcryan206
    Note that the start/finish is in the bottom left of that picture and the final straight is pretty narrow. If it's a sprint, you ideally need to be in the first 3 going through the final uphill chicane. I raced there once last year, was 4th going through the chicane, but had no way of getting out and rolled over the line 6th. It's a good circuit and at least at 3/4 level it had more of a slow/fast "race" feel to it than the standard procession-then-sprint of many circuit races.

cheers for the heads up, iv been to watch the British touring cars there and was wondering if it was the same track, so pretty clued up on the lay out. i will listen to your comments regards last corner as i can imagine its pretty busy at times.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It can be pretty windy up there too
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..