Jamis/CAAD 10/Roubaix/Madone/Foil 30

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I have been looking around for a while and had pretty much decided that I was going to get a Madone 3.5, CAAD 10 or Roubaix Elite. Went in to Evans in Kingston and tried all 3 with the Roubaix being the most comftorable, then the guy says I may want to try the 2012 Jamis Xenith Pro which has Di2. Popping to another store which has one in stock at somepoint this week, any thoughts on the Jamis would be really appreciated.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Not even remotely the same quality as the other bikes you're looking at. As with most bikes at that price/spec the frame is the weak link so they put better components on to make it more attractive. Take the seatposts out of all those bikes and have a look at the layup of the carbon. The difference should be fairly obvious.

That said if you really really want Di2 then it go for it, but the reality is the frameset is the most important part of the bike.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • simonhead
    Cheers Grill, wasnt that fussed about Di2 but guess I liked the idea of having it. Looks like I need to re ride the Roubaix and CAAD 10 as it was a close call.
  • simonhead
    Went to the Guildford shop and tried the Jamis and nowhere near as nice as the other 2, to throw another spanner in the works they had a 2012 scott foil 30 which i really really liked, the size they had in was a touch too large so need to now find a slightly smaller one to try properly and if i can find it i think i will go for that.