Took the plunge went Carbon

Kingsmill1
Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
Been a while since I posted anything but after many months of riding and looking at upgrading my allez sport finally purchased a Giant TCR COMPOSITE 2, paid the top end of my budget but the lbc upgraded the pedals and seat so didn't go over budget. Why did I change well I've been doing lots of short sprints and found as my fitness got better putting to the power down on the allez was leading to lots of vibration and its wasn't very good on climbs , great bike for getting back into cycling and had it on the ride to work so never paid full price. Went for the 2 above the 3 because didn't want to upgrade for sometime to come and that's what finally made my mind up.
Giant TCR Comp 2
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    I had an Allez and loved it becasue it got me back into road riding but then afer a while found the ride really harsh. Went Ti next and loved it but after a coupe if years felt the bike was ever so slightly bland and i wanted to try CF so i did. I now have a Cinelli CF with a set of Elites on it and wow what a bike - best of both worlds if you ask me - plus this bike seems to fit me better than the other two i had. With the upgarade from the Allez to the Giant you wont regret it i am pretty sure.
  • Kingsmill1
    I agree the ride is quite harsh on the allez would have had a Tarmac but the group set is the same as the allez but the Tarmac is still £1200, I'm keeping the allez as a winter training bike or popping on the turbo when the bad weather comes.
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Kingsmill1 wrote:
    I agree the ride is quite harsh on the allez would have had a Tarmac but the group set is the same as the allez but the Tarmac is still £1200, I'm keeping the allez as a winter training bike or popping on the turbo when the bad weather comes.

Er what weather are you expecting to come at this time of year? Only two reasons to avpid the road - snow and ice otherwise get out there. Mudguards and good clothing mean that my turbo gets about 2 weeks usage per year as I would sooner get some fresh air!
  • Kingsmill1
    During this last winter which lasted forever I opted for a turbo as working full time didn't have time to go out much plus living in a rural area a lot of untreated roads with plenty of ice, came off a few times due to ice and decided to use the turbo and keep my fitness up which it did. However did ruin my allez a bit because on the treated roads the local council threw down a salt mine from Siberia. Others may have had more snow more time unfortunately I had neither my weekends had to be spent keeping the rest of the family happy. Now the weather has improved I'm commuting on the bike and going out earlier or later depending of my spare time
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport