Nintendo Wii U?

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited May 2013 in The hub
The latest offering from Nintendo, but what are the gamers thoughts on it?
Is it worth purchasing?
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nintendo haven't produced an actualy gamers console for ages.

I'm more of a PC man but the new steam box looks interesting.
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Defoe PC gamer
    Can't plat BF3 with a joypad
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    PC all the way. Hate the idea of a locked down system. Why pay money for hardware that was mediocre in the PC world 5 years ago? Then not be able to do anything other than play your games in the way the maker wants you to.
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    In response to the original question, Sales are pretty poor. I think most people realized with the wii that it was only ever fun to play if your 8 or drunk with friends. i do not know any one who still really uses it. It also doesn't really look like much of an improvement over the original.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I should start by saying that I am not a 'real gamer' and enjoyed the wii more than other consoles because it was designed for casual gaming that you can pick up every now and then as a fun activity, without needing to invest your life in serious games.

Obviously the wii never had the processing power or HD graphics of the other consoles though.

The Wii u does - Need for Speed looks awesome and the reviews all say it is better than on any of the other consoles. However the other consoles are shortly to be upgraded when they will inevitably take the lead back.

The tablet tethered to the Wii u can be really good and add a great dimension to things.

None of them will ever match a dedicated gaming PC but they are more convenient.

Interesting games seem to be slow coming out on the Wii u though - and this may be its biggest problem...