Water bottle recommendations?

CleeRider
CleeRider Posts: 304
edited May 2013 in Road buying advice
I would like 2x:
750ml
Cool water on warm days
No plastic smell

Do insulated bottles work or is it best to simply half fill a normal one, freeze it over night and top up before setting off?

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Camelbak Podium Chill. Great bottle :)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Elite Maxi Cincio Bottle from Halfords. £7.99 and practically 1 litre in capacity.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    The Camelbaks do keep water cool for longer, especially if you put ice in the drink, but I think they are only 500ml.

If not using an insulated bottle, make sure they are squeezable. It makes drinking on the hoof so much easier.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    The Camelbaks do keep water cool for longer, especially if you put ice in the drink, but I think they are only 500ml.

If not using an insulated bottle, make sure they are squeezable. It makes drinking on the hoof so much easier.
    These ones are larger.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/camelbak-podium-710ml-water-bottle/
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    rich164h wrote:
    Bar Shaker wrote:

These ones are larger.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/camelbak-podium-710ml-water-bottle/

They're only the standard ones - we're talking about the Podium Chill, an insulated version.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I would also highly recommend the Podium Chill. They are 610ml.
    Apart from the insulation and nice compromise on size as opposed to 500/750ml ones, the other thing I love is the jet valve ;-) Oh and they are squeezable even though insulated.
    The chill also looks a lot nicer than the standard one too IMO.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I went for the Torhans system. Aero design and matched the bike colour.
    Living MY dream.