Unable to log in on my original username and password

cerv50
cerv50 Posts: 272
HELP! please Administrators...

My original user name is cerv52 and I need to log back in to this as I have other members to contact regarding sales of items.

When I came home yesterday I had been logged out by your system so went to sign in using my password, this didn't work even after trying it 3 or 4 times. I did the forgot password button and got sent a new coded password but this still wouldn't let me log in and the prompt given was contact a board admin member. How can you do that when you cant log in to start off with?

I did the reset password thing 3 times over a period of 2 hours just in case your system had a glitch and every time it says an error occurred try again. This by now is really frustrating me so I signed up as cerv50 (new member) with new password and got straight in, and now can sign in with this but this is not what I want to do, I want my old user name and status back. I would be very grateful if a board admin member can contact me on this thread or my email which is the same as previously to sort this problem out please.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what message did you get?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cerv50
    This is what I get when I try to sign in with cev52 and the password your server sends me when you click on forgot password.

•An error occurred. Please try again.

Username:Password:Log me in automatically: Don't know your password?

Really frustrating as need to keep in touch with people who are buying/selling. I also cant PM anymore as now my post tally is down
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    You have been banned because you have gone against the rules... read the rules and you will see why you have been banned and your topic has been deleted.

Regards
    left the forum March 2023
  • cerv50
    What have I done wrong, have traded properly and not posted anything wrong, please explain why

Only threads I have started is a for sale thread, replica frames and knee issues, what else? I reported someone for selling kitchens too...
  • cerv50
    Last thing I did on here was buy a Garmin HRM from a member and paid that day and have received my item, you have to explain this in more detail please. Unless someone has hacked into my account and wrote something that I do not know about, I never sign out of here and know my wife wouldn't write anything :(
  • cerv50
    Have read the rules and this is the only one that says you get banned

2) Just so it's clear, the above rules say 'no advertising'. Please observe this or your post will be deleted and you will be banned. The exception to this is the classifieds section, which has its own set of rules relating to what you are allowed to advertise.

I have not advertised anything so my account must have been hacked and I now want to know if your server is safe and are my details that I logged in with secure. This is very strange and probably coincidence but I got banned the same day I sent an email to cancel my Cycling Plus magazine subscription.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    No conspiracy...
    I have un-banned you, as you say it could have been hacked for spam
    left the forum March 2023
  • cerv50
    No conspiracy...
    I have un-banned you, as you say it could have been hacked for spam

Thank you so much. I am so glad you have as I love this forum and was quite upset that I had been removed. I can honestly say that I would not have put anything on here that would be against the rules. In future I will log out every time I leave the site. :)
  • cerv50
    Can I ask why my cerv52 user profile has been blocked again, it wont allow me to sign in!. If this is a security issue you have with spamming I think its time to sort it out please. Since the previous time I have been logging in/out every time I use the forum which is at least twice a day. Please help...
  • nicklouse
    It has not been
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • cerv50
    It wouldn't let me sign in 3 times even though I checked and double checked what keys I was hitting so tried the forgot password and did the password activation as per the email I received and it wont log in with that either? Please help as I would like to ask a question in the road forum :(
  • nicklouse
    Clear your cookies do the forgot password thingy or just forget that account.

Nothing has been done to it this end.
  • cerv50
    OK, will give your suggestions a try. If this doesn't work can the email address I use on cerv52 be completely wiped from your system as the one that I have had to use for cerv50 never gets used and is only a back up email address therefore I would miss PM's from other members on a daily basis?